ENGINEER, PRESSURE VESSELS
AMERICAN ISOSTATIC PRESSES, INC. (AIP, www.aiphip.com) is a company based in Columbus, Ohio, providing quality high pressure equipment world-wide. Our long history of furnace and controls innovation has been complimented in the last decade by our pressure vessel solutions. We hold ASME Section VIII, Division 1, 2 and 3 stamps, KGS (Korean) approval, China’s SELO License, and have provided vessels built to the European PED and Singapore’s MOM requirements. Our Hot Isostatic Pressing (HIP) equipment is used in densification of powders and castings for industry, military, and nuclear waste applications. We are a leader in research equipment and have an expanding share of the larger HIP market.
WE NEED a Mechanical Engineer to work alongside of our current vessel engineers to reduce our design backlog as well as learn to design pressure vessels independently. The successful candidate must be able to apply sound engineering techniques, be willing to acquire their EIT (Engineer In Training), and also work within the framework of the ASME and national codes.
- Engineering design of multiple types of pressure vessels to the ASME B&PV Code, Section VIII, Divisions 2 and 3. This will include interaction with customers, regulators and vendors.
- Continuously improving pressure vessel designs and design processes.
- Vendor audits and certification review.
- Reporting to Senior Product Manager.
- BS Mechanical Engineering or greater or in the process of Acquiring their BSME
- 0 to 2 years of experience
- Experience performing FEA (ANSYS or SolidWorks Simulation)
- Experience with CAD programs, preferably AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- Competitive Salary, Health, Dental, IRA, Flex time, Vacation, Holidays, Paid PE Certification/Licensing
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $32.00 /hour
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes