SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER
- HVAC REVIT Experience is a Must
- Must live in or commutable distance to Los Angeles, CA
Luxus Build is actively growing our Engineering staff across the country. As a part of this effort we are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our team in our Los Angeles Office.This role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to grow with the company, and partner with team members across the country.
As a Mechanical Engineer at LUXUS BUILD you will be responsible for the design and technical systems for large, complex projects from concept development through construction administration, while providing leadership to less tenured engineers and engineering designers.You will have guidance from the local Mechanical Engineering Discipline Leader, supporting and advising you on your approach and engineering decisions.
TYPICAL DUTIES - PROJECT RELATED
- Various system types, including HVAC and Plumbing
- Familiarity with sustainable design approaches, and related project impacts
- Ability to absorb and apply code as necessary
- Ability to successfully engage with governmental agencies (DSA, CalFIRE, OSHPD, etc.)
- Comfort working across different markets, such as Science + Technology (Data Centers, laboratories, fabrication facilities), Higher Education, Multifamily Residential, and Healthcare.
- Responsible for directing and overseeing project team members within the discipline.
- Monitor staff to produce quality engineering experience for our clients as part of an integrated team concept.
- Ability to review, digest, and respond to RFPs in a timely manner
- Participate in the development of the project cost model and ensure design team meets goals.
- Create building system concepts and drive documentation process from schematics through construction administration phases within the discipline.
- Eager to engage in early project charettes identifying opportunities and challenges as part of an integrated design team.
- Prepare and document required code research for project.
- Develop and maintain Mechanical Basis of Design Journal through the life of the project.
- Prepare and monitor project status reports.
- Conduct material and product research as required for project development.
- Function as Discipline Team Leader on projects when assigned.
- Attend project meetings and represent LUXUS BUILD as necessary.
- Interface with other Discipline Team Leaders to ensure top level coordination and design development
- Respond to client questions/requests promptly.
- Document RFI responses and submittal reviews during bidding and construction administration.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
TYPICAL DUTIES - NON-PROJECT RELATED
- Passion for embracing and improving LUXUS BUILD workflows
- Mentor and support engineers to help prepare them for greater project responsibilities.
- Provide feedback on performance of support engineers.
- Identify opportunities to improve quality of services and deliverables, and participate in the implementation of the same.
- Participate in in-house training activities.
- Participate in industry focused professional organizations and activities.
- Offer recognition to those staff members who you observe doing excellent work and/or things beyond their job expectations.
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree required, or sufficient experience in lieu thereof.
- Professional Engineering License, or ability to become licensed in one year.
- LEED Accredited preferred.
- IES-VE Modeling experience preferred.
- Revit BIM design experience required.
- Minimum six years' experience in A/E industry preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of professional services from schematic design through project close-out, including design and technical expertise.
- A comprehensive understanding of the coordination aspects and related requirements of all design disciplines.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Possess the ability to motivate and mentor staff, and effectively delegate work assignments
- Computer literate with typical Microsoft Productivity Suite
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations
- Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending client, project and construction meetings.
- Ability to access existing and new project sites for observation, investigation and evaluation purposes.
- Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes.
- Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
Complete Your Online Profile Here!