The Structural Detailer will understand the theory and operational functionality of manufacturing machinery/equipment and will identify and recommend solutions to production problems related to materials, processes, and tooling. A successful Structural Detailer will direct, coordinate, and exercise functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering projects within an area of assigned responsibility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with project staff to create a strategic action plan and cost estimates of materials, time, labor, and other resources required to complete the project.
- Facilitates and contributes to the development of project plans and designs.
- Recommends and/or analyzes materials, equipment, and practices used in the project.
- Assesses the competence, capabilities, resources, and financial status of vendors.
- Supervises progress of development project.
- Compares the actual cost of development project to estimates.
- Collaborates with design group to change plans if problems arise.
- Analyzes equipment, systems, processes, and systems to identify modifications to improve efficiency, increase quality, and reduce costs.
- Prepares periodic progress and cost reports for leadership.
- Ensures compliance with codes, guidelines, best practices, and policies.
- Supports and collaborates with the operations department to identify and troubleshoot problems.
- Collaborates with project engineers from other plants to share problems and solutions.
- Prepare, revise, or create production drawings as needed.
- Enters and maintains the integrity of parts into MRP system
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Willingness to go above and beyond in order to support independent and team projects in order to support business targets and metrics as assigned
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Experienced with Microsoft Office programs (including Microsoft Excel, Visio and Microsoft Project) and AutoCAD
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills and ERP/MRP systems knowledge
- Basic understanding of ISO 9000 design requirements.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties and responsibilities.
- Required to be able to read documents and computer screens.
- Usual office working conditions
- Occasional exposure to shop elements such as noise, dust, fumes and odors.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative