About the role
Looking for a Senior Software Developerwho has mastered a diverse set of skills at a high level. Needs to be curious, flexible and willing to pick up new skills.
What you'll do
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Provide engineering support to operations as required.
- Perform any other related task.
What you'll need
- This position requires a solution-focused thinker who can pro-actively communicate and lead technical discussions.
- 7+ years of Android App Development
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning on Android.
- Experience with AWS services
- Proficient with RESTful APIs to connect applications to back-end services
- Proficient with Python
- Proficient with the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages
- Ability to prototype with Raspberry Pi’s and Arduino’s
- Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is preferred
- Strong command of English.
Nice to have
- iOS development experience
- Web development experience
If you can accomplish the above, you've got what it takes. There's no specific educational background required. Experience in R&D programs would be helpful in understanding the people and organization you'll be creating software for, but it's not strictly necessary.
- Great mentorship and start-up company culture
- Fun office space located near Metro Charlevoix and near the Lachine canal; our offices are open planned with large windows in Montreal’s biggest brick building
- Lots of fun team building events throughout the year
- Annual budget to be spent on learning and training
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and performance
- Medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Kitchen always stocked with coffee, snacks and drinks
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world.
- If this speaks to you, please apply. Experience is transferable from many different skills and backgrounds, and your passion and enthusiasm are what will set you apart. We’re an open and inclusive organization dedicated to diversity and fair hiring practices.
The use of the masculine gender includes the feminine and is used solely to facilitate reading.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Android App Development: 5 years (Required)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)