Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
As a Research Engineer II working for the Redmond Research team, you will be empowered and inspired to do your best work. You will contribute to our mission by leading and participating in biomedical pre-clinical research and development projects, experiments, and investigations relevant to the Company’s new product strategy and services. In a typical day, you will participate in a variety of activities that includes design and execution of experiments as well as coordination of activities with other scientists and development engineers. Evaluation of data and reporting is a critical task of the Research Engineer.
In a typical day, you will:
- Manages research projects.
- Leads the design and implementation of research projects. This may include, but is not limited to, planning and executing bench, in-vivo (animal) and ex-vivo testing.
- Develops prototypes and documents new device concepts.
- Plans and executes research investigations and product evaluations to support development projects.
- Writes research protocols, maintains records of tests, and documents results in reports.
- Monitors progress of studies and analyses data resulting from research d.
- Collaborates with team members when establishing product requirements, specifications, schedules and test plans.
- Works with the development team to ensure overall design functionality.
- Develops and documents intellectual property, thereby securing rights for novel ideas, concepts, devices and methods.
- Develop and submit abstracts and represent Olympus at professional conferences.
- Establishes and maintains professional relationships internally and externally with other scientists, researchers, consultants and HCPs.
- Completes projects in a manner consistent with corporate objectives.
- Keeps up to date on current knowledge of new principles and theories relevant to biomedical research and communicates this information to Research and Development teams.
- Performs other duties as necessary and assigned by the Chief Scientific Officer and other senior members of the Research and Development teams.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in biomedical engineering or related field is required.
- Minimum 3 years’ progressively responsible research and/or combination of research and industry experience required.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in science or engineering strongly preferred.
- 1+ years of R&D experience in medical device field preferred.
- Deep understanding of scientific research methods, pre-clinical work, and basic clinical investigation.
- Basic knowledge of project management.
- Broad experience in laboratory work, including use of biological tissue.
- Knowledge of biomedical engineering equipment and instrumentation, and good laboratory practices (GLP).
- Solid knowledge of engineering principles.
- Expertise in ISO certification and FDA compliance including GLP.
- Working knowledge of machines/prototyping/fabrication methods.
- Ability to implement routine laboratory investigations and procedures.
- Ability to effectively balance multiple priorities.
- Ability to set and monitor performance targets, both short and long-term.
- Ability to apply scientific methods to solve technical challenges.
- Visio skills desirable.
- Superior writing, composition, English grammar skills a must.
- A proven record of consistently following through on commitments. Maintains and communicates realistic schedules and meets or beats deadlines.
- Service oriented approach, flexible and proactive towards changing needs. Exceptionally team focused and actively contributes to a positive and innovative work environment.
- Proven ability to work on assignments that are complex and sensitive in nature where independent action and a high degree of initiative are required in resolving problems and developing recommendations.
- Works precisely according to procedures, rules and regulations, has a passion for continuous improvement and quality.
- Demonstrates the highest ethical standards, actively promotes trust, respect and integrity in all dealings both inside and outside the Company.
We realize work isn’t just a job to you.
It’s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years, Olympus has focused on making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease, furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and capturing images of the world.
Olympus’ Medical business uses innovative capabilities in medical technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision manufacturing to help healthcare professionals deliver diagnostic, therapeutic, and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical outcomes, reduce overall costs, and enhance the quality of life for patients. Olympus’ Medical portfolio includes endoscopes, laparoscopes, and video imaging systems, as well as surgical energy devices, system integration solutions, medical services, and a wide range of endotherapy instruments for endoscopic and therapeutic applications. For more information, visit www.olympus-global.com.
Olympus…True To You. True To Society. True To LIFE.
Olympus embraces diversity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policies as well as our values prohibit unlawful discrimination based on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, genetic information, ancestry, military or veteran status, or any other federal, state or local protected classification. EOE Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
|| United States (US) || Washington (US-WA) || Redmond ||