UMX is a marine services company specializing in commercial diving, marine construction, emergency maintenance and repair; and both topside and underwater support. Established in 2011, successful business operation and reputation are based on the principles of fair business practice, ethical conduct, quality assurance and a strong work ethic.
UMX is a diversified company specializing in many aspects of the maritime and construction industries. Our employees are a group of exceptional professionals who are dedicated and committed to delivering top notch service in a timely manner.
JOB TITLE: Quality Control and SSHO Manager
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
· Attend pre-work meetings and produce job-specific APP and Activity Hazard Analyses (AHAs), in accordance with EMR’s Safety and Health Program.
· Work as member of the project team, including sub-contractors, to ensure implementation and continuous monitoring and enforcement of the provisions of the project APP and AHAs.
· Ensure that all activities are conducted in accordance with all applicable OSHA requirements and regulations, and other applicable regulations.
· Conduct regular site inspections, recording all violations and noting what remediation needs to occur to keep the project moving safely.
· Prepare comprehensive reports of safety inspections and complete all safety related documentation and paperwork.
· Coordinate response to on-site emergencies, and interface with off-site and on-site emergency response entities.
· Conduct safety training, including new employee orientation or refresher training, and on-the-spot training to all personnel.
· Work with the management team to develop new safety policies, refine existing policies, modify design requirements, and draft construction-related specifications.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Establish and maintain an effective quality control (QC) system that complies with FAR 52.246-12 Inspection of Construction.
Required Experience, Education, Skills, and Certifications
· 5 years of construction industry experience on DOD projects supervising or managing safety programs and processes or conducting hazard analyses and developing controls.
· 5 years of experience supervising structural features of work in the field with a construction company.
· 24 hours of documented formal or on-line safety and health related coursework in the past three years. The training must be applicable to the work being performed on the project. Teaching is not considered the equivalent of attending training.
· Completion of Construction Quality Management (CQM) for Contractors course.
· SSHO shall be able to demonstrate training in the following areas: Personal protective equipment and clothing to include selection, use and maintenance, hazard communication, excavation, scaffolding, fall protection, and confined space.
· Proof of experience with RMS system, uploading and tracking.
· OSHA 30-hour Construction Safety Certification (within past 5 years)
· USACE Quality Control Management Certificate
· Current First Aid/CPR/AED Training
· High School Diploma
· Must be able to pass DOD security clearance
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Demonstrate a professional demeanor
· Valid driver’s license with good motor vehicle record
Preferred Experience, Education, Skills, and Certifications
· B.S. in Safety Management or Structural Graduate Civil Engineer (with Structural Track or Focus)
· CHST Certification
We Promote a Drug- Free Workplace
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities are based upon one's qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This Equal Employment Opportunity policy governs all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, selection, job assignment, promotions, transfers, compensation, discipline, termination, layoff, access to benefits and training, and all other conditions and privileges of employment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year