23023 AIRCRAFT MECHANIC III A person in this position does the following; maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures, structural components and engines of complex to extreme difficulty, maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components, and applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies technical expertise in restoring equipment condition and operation.
- Performs duties as Avionics Technician on P-3 aircraft in support of Customs Border Protection (CBP).
- May perform Lead duties as assigned.
- May perform CDQAR duties as assigned.
- Install and adjust equipment replacement parts to ensure optimal performance.
- Set up and operate ground support and test equipment to perform functional flight tests of electrical and electronic systems.
- Lay out installation of aircraft assemblies and systems, following documentation such as blueprints, manuals, and wiring diagrams.
- Interpret and analyze flight test and performance data to diagnose malfunctions and systemic performance problems.
- Coordinate work with engineers, technicians, and other aircraft maintenance personnel.
- Develop, document and maintain equipment or component configurations.
- Prepare required documents and drawings and maintain all files for material delivery sites and prepare efficient work schedule.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Out of country travel may be required for this position.
- P-3 aircraft avionics experience with state-of-the-art, highly sophisticated radar and sensor equipment
- Experience with APS-145 radar, electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) detecting systems.
- Familiarity with the Naval Aviation Maintenance Programs (NAMP) or equivalent
- Avionics Degree in related field.
- Familiarity with the Naval Aviation Maintenance Program (NAMP) or equivalent
- High School diploma or equivalent and 6 years’ additional education and/or related experience.
- Two year college degree with aircraft avionics specialty OR documented military classroom avionics training AND 5 years of documented aircraft avionics experience.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Ability to work any assigned shift and detachment duties as required
- Knowledge of and ability to administer a 100% tool accountability and control program
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a classified manner
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
- A current U.S. passport, accept period time away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements.
- Ability to obtain CBP Secret clearance
Employment is contingent on a) your ability to provide appropriate proof of your identity and eligibility to work in the United States; (b) your references and any background check being satisfactory to the Company; (c) you successfully passing a pre-employment drug test; and d) your ability to get a required clearance by your effective start date, if needed; and (e) KAI commencing performance on this contract.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 - $29.00 per hour
- Avionics: 1 year (Preferred)