Industrial Engineer II
Dillard's, Inc. ranks among the nation's largest fashion retailers. The Company focuses on delivering style, service and value to its shoppers by offering compelling apparel, cosmetics and home selections complemented by exceptional customer care. Dillard’s stores offer a broad selection of merchandise and feature products from both national and exclusive brand sources. The Company operates almost 300 Dillard’s locations and several clearance centers, plus an Internet store at Dillards.com.
The IE will bring their past expertise in Supply Chain to review, recommend, and install improvements at one of Dillard’s seven DCs/Fulfillment Centers. The Industrial Engineer will work as part of an IE team that maintains a wage incentive program for all locations.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Review and evaluate new technologies to improve our Supply Chain operations
- Utilize Labor Management System (LMS) and labor standards to report on and recommend process improvements
- Conduct capacity analysis studies on all Dillard’s sites
- Develop reports from relational databases using SQL and provide to Operations Team
- Ability to develop reports/presentations and present to Upper Management
- Utilize Labor Standards to design and evaluate new automated solutions
- Take on role of Project Manager from conception and design through installation of new projects
- Work with third party Material Handling and Equipment Vendors recommending solutions
- Ability to travel 10% a year
- Minimum Education: BS/MS in Industrial Engineering or related field
- Experience: 3+ years’ experience in Industrial Engineering with demonstrated IE concepts (labor utilization, work flow and layout, process improvement and standardization)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of SQL and Microsoft Access
- Minitab, Power BI or other similar analytical tools
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
Dillard’s offers employees a comprehensive menu of benefits. Designed for flexibility to meet individual employee's needs, our benefits programs allow employees the option to select coverage that meets specific family situations.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) and Life Insurance Programs
Employment is conditional upon successful completion of pre-employment drug screen, reference verification, and background check.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Are either of the following true? 1. Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B status)? 2. Do you currently have an employer-sponsored visa that will need to be transferred to Dillard's?
- Industrial engineering: 3 years (Preferred)