WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Michael Baker International’s Water Group provides innovative consulting, planning and engineering solutions for the entire spectrum of the water cycle. We have proven experience in providing a full range of professional services from scientific and technical analysis, concept through design, and construction support services. Protection and management of water resources starts at the watershed level and follows the movement of water through urban and agricultural areas, streams, lakes and reservoirs, water distribution systems, wastewater collection systems, and water/wastewater treatment plants.
The Surface Water Project Manager will deliver projects per agreed to plan, budget, program and quality. (S)He will lead, assign, and review work of the project delivery team; check work and progress and identify changes of scope and additional services. Staff mentorship and development is a responsibility of the Surface Water Project Manager, as well as the development and overseeing of budgets and schedules. The successful candidate will cultivate and maintain client relationships as well as lead proposal development and interview preparation and participation. Additionally, the successful candidate will provide technical direction, support and strategic planning while being a visible and active member of the Surface Water community through professional organization involvement.
- Develop and maintain trusted adviser relationships with key clients.
- Determine direction and lead market awareness including involvement in professional associations, technical articles, conferences and boards.
- Work with our southern California Surface Water Managers and Practice Leaders in the development of targeted client service action plans.
- Participate in ongoing strategic positioning for major storm water project opportunities.
- Manage client relationships and guide the application of Michael Baker International services within the Surface Water practice area to best serve the interests of the client and Michael Baker International.
- Be responsible for successful contracting and project execution, working closely with regional Michael Baker International staff and office leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- 7 years of Surface Water experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Possess a CA Professional Engineer (PE) license
- Must have knowledge of regulatory issues and key players in the southern California surface water market.
- Strong track record of executing projects and overseeing successful project delivery of a diversity of storm water projects for Private Developers, City, County and State agencies
- Demonstrated supervisor and mentoring skills
- Strong proposal writing and presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit to grow our southern California Surface Water practice
- Strong engineering judgment with strong technical background in Surface Water including hydrology and hydraulics models.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, public speaking ability, and problem-solving skills
- The capability to work in a dynamic environment and conduct multi-tasking efforts
- The drive to be a leader in the company and in the professional community
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.