Blueshift ( https://blueshift.com/ ) empowers leading digital brands like Udacity, LendingTree, BBC and Paypal to automate customer engagement marketing using latest innovations in distributed data systems and AI. The company is co-founded by repeat entrepreneurs who previously built Mertado (acquired by Groupon), and was part of the founding team behind Kosmix (acquired by Walmart to become @WalmartLabs). Blueshift is backed by Softbank and top tier Silicon Valley VCs like Storm Ventures, Nexus Venture Partners and NEA and is head quarterd in San Francisco.
Blueshift is looking for bold and self motivated data and AI/ML engineers to join the team. You will have a chance to work on all aspects of big fast data systems, state of the art cloud infrastructure and cutting edge AI algorithms.
What are examples of work that AI/ML Engineers have done at Blueshift?
- AI algorithms: We have developed AI based predictive models and state of the art recommender systems to deliver right content, to the right audience, on the right channel, at the exact right time. This is a key driver to predictive marketing journeys. We have received a patent on our unique personalization approach and are recognized by leading analyst from Gartner as Cool Vendor in AI Marketing.
- Data management: Data sits at the core of our product. We ingest billions of user, product and behavior streams everyday in real time. We perform ETLs on TBs of data to create schema-less user product interaction graphs to compute product recommendations and predictive scores.
- Cloud native Infrastructure: Framework to provision big data cloud infrastructure in a reproducible, version controlled, elastic and automated manner. Helps us scale our cluster easily. Also makes it easy to upgrade existing clusters or bring new clusters to play with latest open source releases. We have provisioned our production Hadoop, Spark, Kafka and Druid clusters using this framework.
- Open source: We love open source, our entire data infrastructure and data science stack is built on open source. Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, S3, Kafka, Spark, Druid, R, Docker, and Redis forms our infrastructure and application stack.
- Be a self motivated, bold thinker, innovator and builder of scalable AI/ML systems end to end and embrace full stack data science.
- You will design and develop systems to power cutting edge AI algorithms over petabytes of data.
- You will work with experienced technical and product teams with proven entrepreneurial success.
- Proven experience with distributed systems like Spark, Kafka, HDFS, Cassandra, Hive and HBase.
- BS/Masters/PhD in Computer Science or related engineering disciplines.
- Strong architecture, algorithmic design and familiarity with open source AI/ML tools.
- A real passion for thinking from first principles and building from ground up.
- Generous equity grants in fast growing startup.
- Full health/vision/dental insurance, catered lunches and competitive benefits
- Proximity to public transportation (BART / MUNI / Caltrain)
- Visa transfers (H1B, TN etc).