Quality Manufacturing Engineer
Located in SW Cedar Rapids, ACP, Inc. is proud to be the only US manufacturer of commercial high-speed and microwave ovens used in some of your favorite restaurants! ACP, Inc. is a division of the ALI Group and a leader in providing high-speed cooking solutions to the foodservice industry. We are seeking a Quality Manufacturing Engineer to join our team!
The quality engineer will provide quality engineering support with a focus in incoming inspection, supplier quality and production support. Integrates quality/electromechanical engineering initiatives with procurement, design engineering and operations/production. Primary duties will include:
- Lead and support quality and inspection work activities on a daily basis in the areas of process analysis and continuous improvement, problem identification and corrective action, to assure quality standards are met.
- Determine cause of problems in manufacturing, which impact quality, reliability, and manufacturability, and initiate proper corrective actions.
- Perform process analysis and value analysis to determine opportunities for improvements. Suggest quality and process improvements, and collaborate with engineering, procurement and operations in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Supplier quality initiatives including disposition and communication of non-conformances to suppliers and leading containment and root cause corrective action activities.
Requires: Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline. Minimum 2 years related experience in a manufacturing environment with proven results in quality, product and process improvements. Must have ability to read blueprints and use parts measuring tools including calipers, gauges and micrometers. Strong root cause/problem analysis and resolution skills and abilities. Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to promote collaborative working relationships with other functional areas including production floor associates and leaders, design engineers, lab associates, procurement, finance, etc. Computer competency utilizing MS Word, Excel, Outlook. Lean manufacturing methodologies experience and/or training preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Quality, Manufacturing: 2 years (Preferred)