Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for assisting the Engineering team in the efficient operation, maintenance and repair of all building systems.
- Building systems include HVAC, water treatment, electrical, lighting, plumbing, energy management, fire protection, structural, hardware and keying.
- Develops skills in installing, fabrication, constructing, troubleshooting and repairing complex mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Receives work assignments, plans work to be performed, and obtains necessary tools, equipment and materials; Completes assignments and paperwork in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates knowledge of equipment being serviced and employs service procedures and techniques indicative of first-class work.
- Possesses knowledge of safe and efficient operation of all equipment, power and hand tools. Responsible for the care of assigned equipment, tools and uniforms
- Responsible for keeping the shop, penthouse equipment rooms, related mechanical areas and common area clean, organized and safe.
- Inspects all areas of the building(s) and reports deficiencies as well as suggestions for improvement
- Available for various shifts and to occasionally work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays to ensure adequate building coverage and perform necessary repairs.
- Project a positive appearance and attitude at all times. Demonstrate exemplary tenant relations, team spirit and respect of others.
- Assist in the monitoring of contractors, inspecting work and generating deficiency lists.
- Respond to after-hours emergencies such as fire, flooding, severe weather (e.g., snow, and ice removal), power outages and other situations including clean-up activities, if other contracted personnel are not available.
- Pursue employee development objectives recommended by Lead Engineer, Chief Engineer or Property Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have at least two years of experience in the maintenance field and low-level knowledge of electrical, HVAC and plumbing repairs. HS diploma/GED required.
We reward hard work and dedication by offering a competitive salary, performance bonuses and opportunities for growth. In addition, employees enjoy a fully comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, long term disability and 401(k). We are an equal opportunity employer and offer a drug free work environment. Please respond in writing with your resume and salary/history requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 - $21.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Programmable Logic Controllers: 1 year (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place