Quuppa LLC is looking for a professional level SALES ENGINEER to join its team
Type: full time
Minimum requirements: bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science (or similar) and 5+ years of working experience in Sales Engineering and/or Technical
Customer Support. Previous experience in location services, RTLS, or IOT is a strong plus. A proven track record and references will be required.
Job Location: Washington, DC Metropolitan area .
Preferred starting date: October, 2020
Established in 2012 in Finland, Quuppa provides accurate and real-time geolocation indoors and outdoors. Quuppa is a leading IOT company providing location based technologies globally. Quuppa is serving its US customers since 2013 and established its US office in Virginia in 2016.
Quuppa is now looking for an inspired and productive Sales Engineer to join the team as a full time position! As a Quuppa team member, your tasks include supporting customers in technical questions related to Quuppa products both in pre- and post-sales, understand customer and partner requirements, and seek solutions to their needs. In addition, you will participate in the development of Quuppa’s customer support program, technical customer training, and create relevant materials together with the team. The applicant needs to excel in team work and should be comfortable when interacting with customers and partner companies in an international environment.
The role allows you to grow and to take on wider responsibilities. The candidate shall hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering (or similar). The candidate should be comfortable in working in an international environment, with customers, partners from around the world and have demonstrated language skills in Spanish or Portuguese, in addition to the English Language.
The Candidate shall possess the following skills:
- a background in IOT, location based services, RTLS.
- Familiarity with BLE, UWB and other location methodologies
- Strong background in project management.
- Demonstrated experience in developing channel partners and getting partners to market with new technology.
- Demonstrate strong support and presentation skills, while being accountable and take responsibilities to manage resources to deliver excellent customer support / partner satisfaction.
- A sales and business-oriented customer perspective, while demonstrating critical thinking through technical problems.
- Demonstrated experience in working with customers; on technical support activities and troubleshooting.
- Software application and programming experience: Java, Linux, Windows, XML,
- Skills: Networking, Radio Engineering, Java (scripts, server), Linux, Windows,
- Strong understanding of “IOT” or the Internet of Things
- Strong understanding of location-based services and positioning technologies
- People oriented attitude with excellent communication skills in English and
The following qualities are considered as advantages:
- Wifi and RF deployment experience.
- Experience in software and/or hardware development
- Availability to travel in North America, South America (Pending Covid Safety).
- Dynamic and international working environment
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Possibility to work with new and innovative technologies
- Opportunities for career development in a rapidly growing company
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
We are currently working remotely and plan to return to the office . Travel is limited due to Covid-19 concerns.
- English, Spanish, Portugese (Preferred)
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19