he Shaw Group Limitedis one of the 50 Best-Managed Companies in Canadaand is one of Eastern Canada's leading natural resource manufacturers and community developers. Shaw Resources(a division of the Shaw Group of Companies) has developed a range of value-added natural resource based products in industrial minerals and wood pellets for industrial, commercial and retail markets. Quality products, processing expertise, and market knowledge have helped Shaw Resources sustain growth founded on innovation and new markets.
We currently have openings for labour workers in our new automated packaging plant. We are looking for individuals who aren’t afraid of physically demanding labour, are safety conscious and comfortable in an industrial environment. We are interested in those who have good work ethic, a positive attitude and who can work well with others.
The successful candidates will also:
- Package and palletize product
- Maintain a clean and tidy work environment
- Pay attention to detail
- Take pride in the quality of their work
- Be a self-starter and work with minimum supervision
- Be reliable, take initiative and ownership of their work
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Grade XII or equivalent
- Aptitude for balancing safety as the priority with the demands of production
- Positive attitude and motivated to contribute to high production effort
- Mechanically inclined with an aptitude for problem solving and trouble shooting
- Hardworking, high integrity, takes ownership
- Previous forklift experience/training would be considered an asset.
Shift work and/or periodic overtime may be required. You must be able to work in hot/cold environments and be physically capable of performing manual tasks safely.
For more information about Shaw Resources check out our website: www.shawresources.ca
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your resume via Indeed
Job Type: Full-time