We are Reliable Electric, a small electrical contractor with about 35 employees that focuses on high quality custom residential and commercial work. We are hiring a full stack .NET C# developer for a temporary contract of 3-4 months. Candidate must be familiar and have experience using Blazor, .NET and SQL Server. This contract is being supported by the Digital Skills for Youth grant and therefore has the following requirements:
- You must be between the ages of 15 and 30.
- You must be a post-secondary graduate.
- You must live in BC.
- You must self-assess as underemployed, meaning employed below your level of education and/or hold part-time employment, or are unemployed.
The successful candidate will work directly with the General Manager (GM) to implement solutions to problem processes and help integrate with our current database. You will be the only developer in the company, so you must be capable of finding solutions with little assistance. External training for gaps in experience or skill will be considered. The solutions will utilize an existing Azure SQL Database with the front-end likely being done in Blazor (Web Assembly or Server). There will also be some data entry tasks and other IT tasks as required to support the GM.
The following are the minimum requirements:
- Have two or more years' of experience developing .NET C# solutions.
- Have a post-secondary degree in computer science or a computer science related field. Three or more years' of experience in .NET development with a post-secondary degree in another area will be considered.
- At least six months' experience using Blazor.
- Ability to work productively with little oversight.
- Ability to problem solve and find solutions effectively.
- Experience and competency using git and GitHub.
- Have a computer you can use from home for work use.
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Sharepoint API and Microsoft Graph API considered an asset.
- Experience and understanding of DDD considered an asset.
- You must live in BC.
Contract length: 4 months
Application deadline: 2021-06-28
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $76,500.00 per year
Remote Work. Must still reside in BC.
- Do you meet the requirements of the Digital Skills For Youth Grant outlined in the job posting?
- Bachelor's Degree (required)