A DIFFERENT KIND OF…
"We're working to run a different kind of company. The kind of place we'd want to work, that makes the kind of food we'd like to eat, and that strives for a healthier, more sustainable world –the kind of world we'd like to pass on to our children." – Kit Crawford, Co-CEO & Founder
Guided by our innovative business model & the Five Aspirations ( https://www.clifbar.com/article/the-five-aspirations ) – Sustaining our Business, Brands, People, Community & Planet – we believe that food provides health, joy and energy to do the things we love. Working at Clif Bar is a chance to make impactful changes. To your career. To your community. To your planet. And, to your life!
The Craft, Quality & Innovation team is looking for an OPTIMIZATION DEVELOPER to support and facilitate the process of product development and enhancement by improving current products, specifying proprietary formulas, researching ingredients and being a part of the commercialization process. This is an exciting opportunity to make an impact first hand in the optimization of Clif Bar products across all brands.
- Apply knowledge of culinary and product development best practices to work cross-functionally and ensure high quality, consumer focused products.
- Research ingredients for enhancements to existing products and perform analytical, sensory and practical tests, and assess different interactions of ingredients.
- Collaborate with our bakeries and co-manufacturers to develop and test formulas and processes that will replicate product development results, including making technical decisions and preparing related reports and analyses of risks, opportunities and results.
- Modify finished product specifications for updates to existing products with consideration for special requirements in which Clif Bar plans to distribute its products.
- Have product development experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- Have experience with research and development, as well as an innate ability to look for solutions and seek answers.
- Can weigh ingredients and run experiments as well as experience with food laboratory equipment.
- Like to connect with others and can authentically interact and communicate at an individual and group level.
- Are comfortable and available to travel up to 30% both domestic and foreign.
Most importantly, you take yourself lightly and your work seriously. And…bring your best self to work every day!
At Clif Bar, the journey has always been more important than the destination. HOW we get things done is as important as WHAT gets done, and our Ingredients ( https://www.clifbar.com/article/the-ingredients-what-makes-a-clifster ) (CREATE, INSPIRE, CONNECT, OWN IT, BE YOURSELF) remind us of just that. We challenge and celebrate one another, we help to balance each other's' lives, and we value laughter and fun as integral qualities in our workplace.
We value diversity and celebrate our people being their most authentic selves. We believe that an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace makes us more innovative, effective, and resilient. We welcome people from all backgrounds, races, ethnicities, cultures, gender identifications, sexual orientations, religions, national origins, and all the other individual characteristics that truly make us a different kind of company! Clif Bar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We've created an environment where we all can grow and succeed both personally and professionally, that inspires and supports our people inside and outside of work.
We sustain our people with competitive pay, comprehensive paid time off and company matching on 401k contributions. Employees can opt for a flexible work schedule and are encouraged to participate in volunteer opportunities during the workday. Additionally, our people enjoy a paid sabbatical program and sustainability benefits including a commute incentive program. We also provide innovative benefits and holistic wellness offerings including an onsite fitness center, personal trainers, paid workout time, as well as concierge services such as life coaching, acupuncture, chiropractic, massage therapy, and organic produce delivery. For family wellbeing, we offer parental and family leave, an onsite childcare center, and an adoption assistance program to help cover related expenses. In 2010, Kit & Gary implemented an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) recognizing employees' roles in helping build our business. We have been named best place to work by Outside and Fortune Magazines, and did we mention every day is bring your dog to work day? Ruff life.
Pre-employment reference checks and drug-screening are required for certain positions.