MERITEC.com is seeking an experienced Senior Signal Integrity Engineer to design, model, analyze and characterize high-speed connectors, cables and systems. The Senior Signal Integrity Engineer will act as a focal point in providing technical direction to the Mechanical Design Team on new connector/cable designs. This individual will work with Customers to develop application-specific solutions and provide technical support as well as conduct research on new and emerging areas of interconnects.
This person will be joining a highly skilled and dynamic team within Meritec. This individual will work closely with electrical and mechanical members of our group. This team has a top focus on innovation to help Customers drive innovation and technical advancements. This person will have the opportunity to work on projects with top tech companies around the globe. A highly successful person will have a focus for Clients, innovation, collaboration and learning.
- Part of the New Product Introduction Team at Meritec with electrical engineering and SI requirements
- Discover and invent new techniques and methods in modeling, design, and measurement to include recommending changes in designs or technical procedures.
- Competence in PC board design for high performance SI (Signal Integrity) boards as well as generic production test boards
- Perform high-speed empirical and analytical signal integrity evaluation of interconnects.
- Work in laboratory environment to validate design and correlate measurement with simulation using VNA, TDR and Oscilloscope.
- Transfer testing developed in lab to production environment
- Provide development input to design teams, create electrical product models and documentation
- Sponsor in-house and independent lab testing on additional connector/cable assembly qualification testing including power rating and environmental test.
- Work with standards committees in development of new standards to help create new products.
- Provide training to the design engineering team on SI characteristics and s-parameters
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or Applied Math (Master’s preferred)
- Relevant SI design and simulation experience.
- Relevant experience using CST 3D modeling or similar tool to create mode-to-measurement correlation, connector design and validation. SolidWorks® a plus
- Simulation programming
- Technical Team leadership.
- Ability to communicate directly with Customers and address application questions
- Write production test procedures for the manufacturing floor
- Test and Measurement using VNA, TDR.
Job Type: Full-time
- Full Benefits including 401K. Salary commensurate with experience
- COVID-19 considerations:
Please refer to MERITEC.com for Covid-19 Protocols. Meritec is considered an essential provider to Mil/Aero and Medical Industries; et al. We have exceeded state and governmental guidelines in ensuring the health and safety of our Work Family
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Please refer to MERITEC.com for Covid-19 Protocols. Meritec is considered an essential provider to Mil/Aero and Medical Industries; et al. We have exceeded state and governmental guidelines in ensuring the health and safety of our Work Family.