Nordfab, LLC is an industry leading industrial duct manufacturer that introduced Quick-FitTM clamp-together ductwork in 1990, and serves as the world’s largest industrial supplier of clamp-together ducting. Nordfab owns and operates two office and manufacturing facilities in Thomasville, NC, with more than 150 employees locally. www.nordfab-us.com
Nordfab offers more than just pay and benefits. It is about the total value of working in an environment of respect and learning. Our benefits, coupled with our compensation programs and the opportunities to build a career through the experiences the Company offers, deliver competitive rewards that continue to differentiate us in the market
****Must be authorized to work in the US for any Employer***
We are seeking a professional Manufacturing Engineer with PLC experience.
With 3-5 years of experience. BS in Mechanical Engineering preferred or Industrial Engineering.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for design, build, stability and improvements to the product, manufacturing systems, processes, machines, tools and equipment. Experience with mechanical presses, lasers, machining centers, and/or robotic welders is a required.
- Monitors current production processes to identify methods for maintaining or increasing production levels while improving production costs, yields, quality and safety.
- Troubleshoots process problems and identifies solutions which reduce downtime and conserve maintenance costs.
- Investigates errors in product build as a result of production processes and develops solutions to eliminate the re-occurrence of those problems.
- Creates and issues documentation for procurement, production and testing of components and system.
- Designs and conducts plant trials to determine performance capabilities.
- Develops and updates process procedures to ensure that documentation is accurate and understandable.
- Maintains production orders by creating identification numbers in Baan, adding Bill of Materials, and routings to each order.
- Interfaces with all levels of management and employees to gather information and provide guidance for implementation.
- Continuous improvement in all manufacturing metrics.
- BS Electrical, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering preferred.
- Must have 3 - 5 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment; experience with sheet metal is desirable.
- Certifications in lean manufacturing practices, Six Sigma, PLC (Allen Bradley, Siemens, etc.) and welding processes highly are a plus.
- Ability to draw using 2D CAD required; 3D modeling capability preferred. AutoCAD/Inventor 2014-2019
- Ability to create process flow diagrams required; ability to create value-stream maps and conduct analysis using those maps to improve lead-time is beneficial.
- Understanding of manufacturing process variability required; ability to use SPC to assess process variation is very beneficial.
- Ability to improve production quality and production throughput via the use of manufacturing engineering principles.
- Knowledge of all MIOAHS and OSHA Standards.
- Must be able to successfully complete drug screening and background check.
- Ability to work well with others is a must.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.