Come join us!
Vivonics, Inc. is a biomedical engineering technology development firm specializing in developing innovative technologies that improve human health and performance from the initial concept to viable products. The Sr. Electrical Engineer will work with the Principal Investigator(s) and cross disciplinary Research & Development (R&D) team to design and develop the companies’ novel medical and non-medical device solutions at all stages of the lifecycle from initial feasibility demonstrations to final product design. Vivonics is looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic person with a passion for working on solutions that improve human health and performance. The Sr. Electrical Engineer will play a key role in the development of our hardware solutions.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
· Identifying user requirements and translating those requirements into design specifications
· Leading the design, prototyping, verification and assembly of Vivonics hardware systems
· Preparing (monthly and quarterly) technical reports
· Production of design documentation in compliance with Vivonics Quality Management System
· Leading sub-system and system level design reviews
· Creating electrical schematics and PCB layouts
· Development of dc power control circuitry and low-power miniaturized analog and digital systems
· Partnering with the Principal Investigators and Project Managers to develop the technical approach
· Working with multidisciplinary teams to deliver device solutions for use in clinical research
· Participating in meetings and presentations with team members and sponsors and communicate ideas and engineering concepts to all disciplines
· Assisting Business Development by contributing to project proposals and project planning
· Experience managing noise and maintaining signal integrity
· Prior experience integrating Bluetooth, Bluetooth LE, Ultra-wide Band, and NFC, for data communication
· Expert at schematic capture, layout (OrCAD preferred), and Design for Assembly/Manufacturing
· Experience designing PCB assembly test fixtures, test methods, and design verification plans
· Experience with programming languages such as C/C++, MATLAB, and LabVIEW
· Breadboard / Benchtop prototype development and integration
· Knowledgeable in human factors and usability engineering
· Experience with biometric and physiological sensors including near-infrared (NIRS) is a plus
· Experience developing embedded firmware is a plus
· Working understanding of the application of risk management to medical device
· Experience mentoring team members
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Domestic travel required (< 5%)
· BS in Electrical Engineering (MS preferred).
· 8+ years of working experience is required (5 years with MS), preferably in the medical device field.
· Applicant must have strong engineering design and development capabilities and be able to contribute to multiple simultaneous projects with disparate requirements.
· Applicant must have an understanding of project management, planning/organizational skills, excellent written communication skills and technical proficiency in product design for medical devices.
· Applicant must be able to work in a team environment and learn new skills quickly.
· Experience with medical product development under ISO 13485, ISO 14971, ISO 62304, ISO 60601 and FDA QSR.
Vivonics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $120,000.00 - $135,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Bedford, MA 01730: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Electrical engineering: 5 years (Preferred)