BREAKER TECHNOLOGY Ltd. is a leading Canadian manufacturer of high quality rock breaking systems, hydraulic attachments and underground mobile equipment for the mining, construction and aggregate industries worldwide. Our company has been in business at the same location for 60 years and we attribute our success to our people.
Safety, quality and productivity is the cornerstone of our longevity; in that order.
In developing competitive products for the global market, we are currently seeking:
Manufacturing Engineer / Burn Table Programmer
- The position responsibilities include:
- Accurate nesting and posting of job order requirements to burn table using SigmaNest and SolidWorks software.
- Ability to read blueprints and familiarity with different steel types and sizes.
- Track and report monthly steel plate inventory.
- Lead and assist with lead time reduction initiatives.
- Assist and lead kaizen events to optimize material flow, minimize machine downtime, improve machine OEE, and reduce overall cycle time.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Drive material handling improvements.
- Create and maintain standard work and operating procedures for setups, changeovers, and manufacturing.
- Adheres to Company Quality Work Instructions relative to ISO 9001 standards.
- Works within expected company standards regarding ethics, safety, quality / ISO and environmental matters.
- Review of daily labor reports and allocation of time to jobs.
- Processing of Engineering Change Notices.
- Participate in workplace improvement initiatives.
The preferred candidate will have:
- A strong commitment to working safely and the willingness to actively participate in our health safety programs,
- A post-secondary education in a related technical discipline and or a certificate of qualification in a related and recognized trade.
- Experience working with SigmaNest and SolidWorks software.
- 3 + years of experience in a similar manufacturing environment,
BTI offers an excellent work environment that promotes teamwork and a positive work / life balance. Our company offers an excellent benefit package that includes:
- Flexible work schedule,
- 3 personal floater days,
- Paid vacation program,
- Prescription drug card,
- Extended health care including physiotherapy, chiropractor, and massage therapy,
- Eye exams and prescription eyewear,
- Generous dental benefits,
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP),
- Health Care Spending account,
- Short and long term disability programs,
- AD&D, Life Insurance,
- An excellent company paid Registered Retirement Savings Plan,
- Paid safety equipment and safety incentive program,
- Profit sharing,
- Company paid training programs and a generous education assistance program.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations that are needed. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Our company is located in Thornbury, Ontario 22 kilometers west of Collingwood in the heart of the Georgian Triangle, Ontario’s premier 4 seasons resort area.
Expected start date: 2021-01-31
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $58,000.00-$72,000.00 per year
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Selected applicants will have an initial virtual interview. Second Interviews will take place on site. We have a pandemic plan in place that includes temperature checking and health screening.
- Manufacturing Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)