A fantastic opportunity to join a world-leading product manufacturer of Stabilization and Ship Ride
Control Systems for the commercial ship, military ship and luxury yacht market sectors. In this role the
primary focus will be on product sales to the luxury yacht sector.
Immediate opening based at Naiad Dynamics US, Inc. Shelton, Connecticut head office. We are a dynamic
team of professionals manufacturing and selling our highly successful technology-based products
worldwide. We are seeking an organized, efficient, self-starter with an enthusiastic attitude to join our Sales
In summary, the position entails interacting with customers (B2B and B2C) throughout the US and
internationally to gain understanding of vessel requirements (intended usage/mission/objectives) to
effectively promote and sell ND product solutions. Applications range from new ship and luxury yacht
construction to retrofits. This role serves as the primary interface with customers to provide practical,
efficient and best value ship motion control product solutions. Reasonably frequent travel.
- Primary: proactively promote ND brand and products, seek out sales opportunities, stimulate
customer inquiries and secure profitable ND product orders
- Listen and help assess vessel and owner requirements, support ND Applications team in determining
most suitable ND product application.
- Technical coordination with Applications and shipyards and naval architects and others as required to
support product sales.
- Prepare and issue quotations, assess competitive environment, negotiate and secure
- Build sustainable company-focused working relationships with Owners, Shipyards, Naval Architects,
Captains, Brokers and other decision makers and influencers.
- Travel as necessary to attend sales meetings at key customers worldwide
- Attend and support ND sales efforts at international trade shows, conferences and exhibitions
- Prepare sales reports, visit reports and presentations
- Maintain Customer Relationship Management database and quote log
- Support forecasting and budgeting
- Other duties reasonably assigned by management
Candidate Training and Skills Requirements
- BS in either Naval Architecture or other suitable Engineering discipline
- Min 5 years prior work experience
- Salesmanship, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to persuade and negotiate
system contracts with emphasis on mutually beneficial (“win-win”) outcome.
- Ability to represent the company professionally (“goodwill ambassador”)
- Ability to balance objectives with constraints to determine the most appropriate/practical/successful
ship motion control solution, and support the sale thereof through reasoned technical arguments.
- General technical understanding, basic knowledge of hydraulics, mechanics, electronics, software, as
it combines to form an overall system. Working knowledge of ships and/or marine industry beneficial.
- Fundamental understanding of for-profit business enterprises, including margin maximization, risk
- Computer and technical literacy including use of company computers, systems, and databases to
effectively and efficiently perform job duties. Proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel.
- Self-starter, positive attitude, self-motivated to continuously advance the objectives of the company
- Well-spoken, ability to effectively communicate and interact with customers and influencers
- High ethical standards
- Ability to work independently and be highly responsive to customers
- Fast and accurate—timely and reliable work
- Professional demeanor, performance and poise while under pressure
Naiad Dynamics US, Inc. is a well-established Naiad Maritime Group, Inc. company with operations in CT, MD,
and FL USA, with affiliated companies in the Netherlands and United Kingdom. We engineer, manufacture
and supply high quality specialized ship systems throughout the world.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including major healthcare coverage, dental, 401(k) with
immediately vested 100% company match, disability insurance, life insurance, and an employee profit sharing
program. Benefits are subject to policy/plan details.
Send resume with salary history/expectation in confidence to:
NAIAD DYNAMICS US, INC.
Human Resource Manager
50 Parrott Drive, Shelton, CT 06484
203-929-6355 / e-mail: HR@Naiad.com
affirmative action-equal opportunity employer