PLEASE APPLY USING THE FOLLOWING LINKS:
Project Manager (Civil Engineer)
The Port of Vancouver, USA, is a multi-purpose Port Authority located in Vancouver, Washington along the banks of the Columbia River. The Port has handled a variety of bulk and break bulk cargoes since 1912.
We have versatile cargo handling facilities, a skilled labor force, personal customer service, and extensive transportation networks. The port maintains a convenient hub of marine, rail, highway and air cargo transportation connections along with over 800 acres for further expansion and development. The port enjoys a culture that is fast-paced and participative. We value teamwork, creativity, and customer service.
We seek a professional, knowledgeable Project Manager/Civil Engineer to assist the Operations Division with responsibilities including multi project management, schedule development and management and strategic planning and budgeting including project cost control. This is a full-time position with an outstanding benefits package. A Registered Professional Engineer’s License (PE) is highly desired.
Position Responsibilities Include:
· Implement and assist in the development and delivery of the Port’s capital projects.
· Coordinate major aspects of construction project management on a day to day basis, including contract compliance, schedule compliance, quality assurance and quality control, preparation of periodic reports and the preparation of cost estimates and project budget reports.
· Develops, or provides direction and coordination of the development of construction design plans and specifications for complex engineering projects typical to the Port industry. Certifies with Professional Engineer’s seal and signature that engineering designs conform with accepted professional engineering standards and practices and the requirements of law.
· Inspects Port marine and industrial facilities and recommends repairs, upgrades, and/or replacements.
· Reviews design plans and specifications for conformance to project requirements. Prepares, develops and checks complex specialized contract provisions and design agreements. Conducts pre-bid and preconstruction conferences detailing principle construction features and agreements.
· Prepares complex technical engineering and administrative reports and develops critical correspondence and comprehensive reports in support of engineering projects and decisions.
· Prepare and oversees permitting processes for the implementation of capital projects and maintenance.
· Provide analytical data on project trends in man hour performance and cost, materials and equipment cost and overall productivity.
· Investigates, analyzes and resolves complex facility issues, concerns or trends.
· Develops plans and programs for marketing, facilities, finance, and government relations departments on road, rail, facility planning, and funding and outreach strategies.
· Assists with Port’s facilities management programs.
· Participates as active member on Port’s strategic planning team.
Those interested in applying for this position should submit a cover letter, resume, and a completed application (located at https://www.portvanusa.com/about/job-center/ ), to our Human Resources department at:
Port of Vancouver USA
3103 NW Lower River Road
Vancouver, WA 98660
Fax: (360) 735-1565
Closing date of this position is 5PM – Friday, October 25, 2019
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $118,000.00 /year