The Mechanical Engineer at MartinRiley understands that part of the success of a building design is measured by the comfort of its occupants. A project’s success is also many times measured by the efficiency and durability by which the building systems operate.
A successful candidate must be able to see basic concepts and ideas to completion with minimal direction and supervision, and work efficiently and productively in a team-based environment. Additionally, the candidate will perform site observation responsibilities, as well as field documentation and analysis of existing buildings. Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- EIT certification or Professional Engineering License
- 5 or more years of applicable experience
- Understanding of building information modeling (BIM), specifically Revit, and a willingness to increase one’s expertise with BIM softwares
Skills and Abilities:
- Client engagement
- Knowledge of building codes
- Preliminary and conceptual design skills
- Working with the project team to develop ideas, details, and solutions
- Ability to complete a full set of construction documents
- Ability to process submittals, RFIs, substitution requests, etc., during construction
- Conduct on-site observations and document site reviews
- Key participant in client and project team meetings
- Plumbing systems design
- Energy modeling
- Comply with company policies
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple projects
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Exercises sound time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication
- Ensures attention to detail when handling projects
- Ability to prioritize time and multitask
- Competitive compensation, health/life insurance, Personal time off/holidays, 401k program.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fort Wayne, IN 46802: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Are you a licensed Professional Engineer or Engineer-In-Training?
Work Location: One location