Kenny Automation Application Engineer - Wyoming
Kenny Electric, established in 1974, is a leading Industrial and Commercial Electrical Contractor with a diverse portfolio of work. We’ve been operating in the Wyoming market for nearly 15 years and have a permanent office located in Casper. While our headquarters are in Denver, Colorado, the Wyoming management team is made up of individuals who not only have a passion for what they do but have roots in Wyoming.
We offer our Application Engineers a diverse range of electrical experiences including work with oil and gas, biopharma, light industrial and commercial facilities; performing installations and maintenance, and setting up building automation systems.
Our Application Engineer would be responsible for assisting with the design, specification, installation and maintenance of automation equipment and systems. Automation equipment includes PLC’s, instrumentation, pneumatic tubing and devices, motors and motor controls and communication devices.
Qualified candidate should possess:
- Assists in developing project proposals by determining time frames, costs, procedures, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Works with documentation group to have all required submittal documents ready and organized.
- Purchases parts, supplies, and technical instrumentation per specifications and system design.
- Maintains project documentation and updates with change orders.
- Participates in project review meetings with other contractors and customer representatives.
- Maintains Job Hazard Analysis.
- Fills in for Project Manager when needed for meetings, etc.
- Works on multiple projects simultaneously while also having advanced knowledge of a diverse range of products and systems.
- Collaborates with project managers and estimators to assess potential projects and submit proposals.
- Reads and interprets diagrams and documentation and communicates with customers to understand objectives and preferences.
- Designs, develops, and documents the communication strategy between control system elements.
- Works with the customer and other stakeholders to design detailed control system functionality.
- Documents the functionality with a controls narrative and/or a cause and effect.
- Programming controllers to connect from less than 20 points up to thousands of points may be required.
- Designs and develops the human machine interface (HMI).
- Develops hardware and software test plans and writes simulation logic for the testing of the PLC and HMI system.
- Communicates and coordinates with management of the installation team to ensure that technicians are executing per documented processes.
- At the client site, the incumbent may supervise the installation of the systems.
- Tests the installed system to observe system functionality and ensure that the programs function as designed.
- Troubleshoots problems that occur during startup that are caused by incorrect drawings, changes in customer desires, inaccurate instrumentation specifications, or other technical issues. Diagnoses and resolves software and hardware interface issues.
- Trains customers on use and operation of client-specific system integration software.
- Interfaces with manufacturers and vendors of software and application products, especially with regard to problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Works with others to develop alternative system and software designs.
- Assist in training and mentoring automation technicians
- May respond to service calls to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair programming and system failures.
Kenny Electric offers its people a clear path to a successful, long-term career. We focus on the well-being of our workforce through skills training, enforced safety protocols, and promoting a balanced work-life culture. We offer a competitive wage, excellent benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401k with company match and vacation program. Join the team of over 375 people who have made Kenny Electric their home!
- Journeyman Electrician license is preferred
- Maintain knowledge of current NEC and industry related practices
- Experience with electrical systems and all phases of project installation; electrical control work, troubleshooting and purchasing of electrical material and part
- Strong computer skill and proficient in Microsoft Project
- Basic PLC programming a plus
- Knowledge to perform integration and establish system communications on multiple platforms
- Knowledge of and experience utilizing various test equipment
- Extensive knowledge of P&ID and control schematics preferred
- Experience with PLC’s, instrumentation, pneumatics, motors, motor controls, industrial controls and communication systems function, installation and maintenance.
- Ability to properly identify Area Classifications
- Experience in commercial and industrial environments
- Excellent communication skills including both verbal and written
- Able to assertively address problems with appropriate parties as they arise in a professional manner
- OSHA 30 Certification or ability to obtain in time frame determined by Corporate Group Inc.
- Current First aid/CPR
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online.
Job Type: Full-time