Helm Digital is a dynamic, innovative, strategic digital agency looking for an Intermediate Front-End Web Developer to support, contribute, and learn in a high-paced, team agency environment.
We're a team of 12—and growing—with projects across three divisions focused on ecommerce clients to institutional nonprofits. We are driven by good will and bad jokes to do great work for great clients.
We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter with development experience who can work both independently and as an active member of a team.
From full builds to small projects and ongoing maintenance, we're looking for someone interested in creating and maintaining quality web experiences for clients on Shopify and WordPress.
An appreciation for deadlines and version control is a must—as is flexibility, curiosity, and honesty.
Our developers work closely with our designers and account managers to create marketing solutions for a wide range of clients. We are collaborative, opinionated, and results-oriented.
- Build, test, and implement winning solutions to increase usability and improve UX
- Ensure a consistently excellent experience across all browsers and devices, including fast load times and bug-free core functionality
- Work closely with designers to ensure practicality and functionality of designs
- Work closely with account managers to define project requirements
- Perform extensive QA to ensure performance consistency across key devices and browsers
- Stay up to date with front-end trends and best practices
- 1 year + work experience as a front-end developer
- Experience with Liquid and PHP templating
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment)
- Understanding of layout aesthetics
- Basic knowledge of SEO principles
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail, organization, and communication skills
Must live in Southern Maine.
We've been working remotely since the beginning of the pandemic.
In the future, office work and in-person meetings will resume.
Send resume, informal intro letter, and compensation requirements
Helm Digital is a small but mighty digital marketing firm in Portland, Maine, supporting regional lifestyle, higher education, design, nonprofit, and food and beverage brands. We are welcoming, inquisitive, and thoughtful people striving to institute a realistic work-life balance, while producing top-quality work for clients we love.
- Helm Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.*