We are looking for a highly skilled Field Service Technician/Engineer in the Cleveland, Ohio area. This Technician/Engineer will travel to customer locations to install, maintain and support Packsize equipment as well as build and maintain customer relationships by effectively servicing the equipment. This individual must understand the needs of the customer, work proactively and efficiently to meet those needs, and provides 5-Star customer service by proactively visiting or calling customers to ensure they are fully satisfied with the Packsize equipment, process flow, packaging designs, and service.
- Completes and successfully pass training courses
- Develops knowledge of Packaging Designs
- Learns and develops the customer support and technical skills necessary to perform high quality maintenance
- Performs preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and accessories
- Performs installation of new equipment and train Customer Personnel
- Learns and completes basic administration duties (assigned tasks, emails, etc.)
- Exposed to moving parts and electricity that require safety protocols
- Exposure to varied travel conditions either driving or flying
- Excellent work ethic and time management skills needed
- Responsible for Hotline duties occasionally
- Must be accessible via telephone, and promptly return email and phone messages
- Travel by vehicle or airplane within assigned geography, overnight travel may be required
Essential Job Requirements
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Basic Excel, Word skills
- Knowledge of Windows platforms
- Advanced mechanical skills
- Advanced troubleshooting skills to resolve equipment issues utilizing drawings, operational characteristics, and technical documentation
- Ability to learn troubleshooting and problem-solving procedures
- Able and willing to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to walk, climb, stand, carry materials, stoop, kneel, bend at waist
- Must be able to climb a ladder
- Exhibit mature, independent judgment with little or no direct supervision
- Effectively communicate through written and verbal reports to customer and direct supervision regarding worksite status
- Associate's Degree or Vocational technical training is strongly desired, Bachelor’s in related area preferred
- Good mechanical and troubleshooting skills
- Clean driving record with a valid driver’s license
Packsize is a disruptive, fast-growth pioneer in the On Demand Packaging space. We are ferociously focused on Sustainability, Saving Forests, and lowering the Carbon Footprint of our Client Partners. Imagine a world where every box shipped downstream in a supply chain is exactly the right size for the product inside it. We arm our customers with the technology to do exactly that. As leaders in the technology space, we serve as a critical ally to companies looking to right size their packaging.
Salary and Benefits
Packsize offers a competitive benefits package including paid time off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term/Long Term Disability, Life, 401(k) matching, and a bonus program.
Packsize is an Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, Packsize policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Founded in 2002 and headquartered in Salt Lake City, UT, Packsize is the world’s leading provider of lean packaging systems for businesses with complex corrugated packaging needs. Recognized by Inc. 5000, ranked by Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, and listed by Forbes as One of America’s Most Promising Companies, Packsize delivers an alternative to the existing corrugated supply chain with On Demand Packaging®.
Packsize is an Equal Opportunity Employer