Oshkosh Corporation is a leading manufacturer and marketer of access equipment, specialty vehicles and truck bodies for the primary markets of defense, concrete placement, refuse hauling, access equipment and fire & emergency. Founded in 1917, Oshkosh Corporation has manufacturing operations in nine U.S. states and in Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Mexico, The Netherlands, and Romania. The company currently employs approximately 12,100 people worldwide.
Oshkosh Corporation is a Fortune 350, multi-billion dollar company. Oshkosh Corporation designs and builds the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
High level overall responsibility for management and supervision of engineering teams working on engineering project(s) within a design and development program. Direct high level engineering analysis and design of new and modified components and subsystems in accordance with engineering standards and customer requirements, corporate objectives, are safe, and can be manufactured.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Participate in the budgeting process to include recommending capital improvements and preparing justification data as required
2. Researches, studies, and proposes use of new technologies to be used in the development of new and improved products
3. Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues
4. Communicate project objectives to team members
5. Prepare and issue management information reports on specific programs and projects relating to engineering systems, production engineering, and product design and development
6. Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards. Ensure that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures
7. Evaluate designs for performance, safety, and reliability
8. Create and maintain project documentation for project planning, requirements analysis, risk management, issues management, status reporting, project communication, and quality assurance
9. Manage and guide engineering analysis to support the selection of parts, components, and materials that meet requirements
10. Perform job duties in an ethical, professional manner which is consistent with the Oshkosh Way. Conduct duties consistent with the Company’s mission statement, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures
11. Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support
12. Analyze and resolve issues reported to Engineering via verbal or written communication
13. Provide guidance to team members to ensure the appropriate engineering analysis is performed and documented
14. Provide leadership to a large technical staff to ensure program success. Assure designs meet customer requirements, statutory requirements, and corporate objectives
15. Establishes priorities for work delegated to others
16. Provide leadership to the Business Unit (BU) engineering group as needed to support BU and Corporate business objectives. This includes the development of strategic vision for the department as well as providing effective support for all aspects of the organization through the creation of cost effective, innovative products and processes
17. Provide management/leadership to technical staff including resource planning, scheduling, and administration to ensure program success
18. Prepare technical proposals, quotations, reports, and presentations
19. Able to obtain a secret security clearance as required by job duties
- Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering
- 12-plus years related experience
- Master’s degree in related field
- Knowledge of CAE tools and advanced engineering tactics
- PMP certification
- Possess a strong mechanical knowledge of vehicles and related systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Experience and active participation in relevant professional organizations (SAE, IEEE, etc.)
- Demonstrated effective performance in an engineering leadership role, developing innovative products utilizing state of the art engineering tools and processes
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.