SolAero Technologies is a leading provider of high efficiency solar cells, solar panels, and composite structural products for satellite and aerospace applications. We are the world’s only vertically integrated, end-to-end supplier of satellite solar arrays. SolAero’s proven flight heritage, high volume production capability and technology position us to service the world’s most demanding satellite applications. Since 2001, SolAero solar cells or panels have supplied primary power to over 480 successful space missions.
BASIC SCOPE / PURPOSE:
- Manufacturing/Production: Performs functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including working with engineers in set-up and calibration tasks, as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components, subassemblies and final assemblies. Uses sophisticated programs to collect and evaluate operating data to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments or equipment. Determines and may assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process. Works with engineers in conducting experiments.
- Test: Performs the set-up, calibration, testing and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments and mechanical assemblies. Determines and may develop test specifications, methods and procedures from blueprints, drawings and diagrams. Tests and troubleshoots assemblies and/or final systems. May complete rework on assemblies and/or systems as a result of testing. Prepares technical reports summarizing findings and recommending solutions to technical problems. May assist in the selection and set-up of specialized test equipment.
- Process: Performs technical tests and experiments for process. Performs set-up of semiconductor processing equipment. Monitors, audits and provides guidance to line operators. Processes test runs and prepares records, charts, and graphs of results through masking and diffusion for presentation to engineering to identify yield problems or test new products. Provides technical assistance to process development and engineering personnel.
- Job Complexity: Works on assignments that are semi routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
- Supervision: Normally follows established procedures on routine work; requires instructions only on new assignments.
- Execute inspection requirements on product to ensure compliance with quality documentation.
- Ability to perform several manufacturing processes.
- Deploys the Quality Management System as it applies to the scope of work.
- Some travel required.
- Authority to stop any process that threatens the well-being of any SolAero employee.
- Authority to initiate Corrective Action when a nonconformance is identified and stop the process when a nonconformance is found.
Other appropriate duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the English language.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Basic Chemistry skills.
- Basic Computer skills.
- Know SPC rules.
- Verbal and written communication skills are necessary as this position may interact with all facets of production and quality.
- Solder certification required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- HS or equivalent.
- Typically requires a minimum of 1 year of related experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Communicates Effectively – Delivers clear, accurate, honest messages that inspire and drive commitment.
- Listens and encourages open expression of ideas and options.
- Understands SolAero’s mission and adapts those messages to fit different audiences.
- Honors the value of the team’s time by effectively managing meetings and communications.
- Promotes a free flow of ideas throughout SolAero.
- Makes Effective Decisions – Gathers, organizes and evaluates relevant information in order to assess situations, make decisions and solve problems.
- Makes fact-based decisions consistent with SolAero’s goals.
- Asks for input when needed in order to make the best decisions possible.
- Makes sound decisions quickly, even with limited, or new information.
- Seeks alternative solutions that are “out of the box”.
- Challenges the status quo and “the way we have always done it.”
- Management understands the importance of business metrics, communicates them, and uses them to make decisions.
- Customer Driven – Makes decisions and acts in the best interest of the customer.
- Serves as the customer’s trusted advisor.
- Understands customer needs by proactively meeting expectations and providing appropriate solutions.
- Values the long term customer relationship.
- Monitors customer satisfaction and takes appropriate action to resolve concerns.
- Inspires Others – Fosters an environment of excellence through high performance standards.
- Management sets clear objectives, gives constructive feedback, mentors and coaches, takes corrective action steps, and recognizes accomplishments.
- Assumes different roles based on the needs of SolAero or the team.
- Management maximizes talent of others and grows high performers.
- Believes that how you get results is as important as getting results.
- Earns the trust of others by delivering and by “walking the talk.”
- Assumes positive intent in others.
- Displays Self Leadership – Places SolAero interests above own interests.
- Seeks, as well as provides, constructive feedback.
- Listens to feedback and takes corrective action or modifies own behavior as appropriate.
- Learns, and helps others learn, from mistakes.
- Works well with others and is respected by them.
- Exhibits strong commitment to business ethics.
- Results/Execution – Takes personal accountability for planning, organizing and prioritizing work to achieve measurable results.
- Committed to increasing shareholder value.
- Sets aggressive goals and accepts accountability for their achievement.
- Creates a sense of urgency, and quickly shifts course, if required, to assure effective execution.
- Drives action toward defined metrics, and refuses to accept falling short, by quickly responding to below target performance.
* Note: These competencies only apply to positions with supervisory responsibility.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Cleanroom protocol is required.
*MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN OR GREEN CARD HOLDER*
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE: WWW.SOLAEROTECH.COM AND FILL OUT AN APPLICATION AND UPLOAD A RESUME
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Semiconductor Fabrication: 3 years (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply