In accordance with established policies, procedures and standards, is responsible for the activities related to offshore drilling and completions equipment, program, project or task. Will normally plan, conduct and supervise engineering design reviews and analysis assignments involving a major project or several smaller or less complex projects specifically with regards to offshore drilling and completions equipment. These projects by nature of their complexity and difficulty require the fully competent application of conventional knowledge in a specific engineering discipline.
1. Provides a high level of design verification, validation and Risk Assessment activities for offshore equipment projects.Ensures the delivery of high quality service and maintenance of good customer relations. May perform detailed engineering review of plans for compliance with applicable Rules, Standards, Regulations and contract requirements.
2. Devises new approaches to problems encountered and makes recommendations for changes in methods, procedures or design where necessary.
3. Monitors the technical quality, content, consistency, continuity and timeliness of action of all assigned projects.
4. Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of technical responsibility. Performs engineering reviews and analyses when necessary. Reviews other Engineers' work and provides appropriate guidance and training when assigned and when necessary.
5. Advises assigned staff in matters related to the application of Rules and Regulations.
6. Prepares written response to clients in accordance with established procedures.
7. Maintains liaison with other engineering specialists internally and externally.
8. Monitors the performance, development potential and training needs of Engineers assigned. Keeps management informed of manpower needs.
9. Develops or assists in the development of qualification statements, proposals, bids and other presentation materials.
10. Implements and maintains the Company’s Quality System within assigned area of responsibility.
11. Prepares accurate billing to clients.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required (KSAR)
1. Knowledge of related technical disciplines.
2. Knowledge of applicable Rules and Regulations and impact of Rule applications and interpretations.
3. Knowledge of company business policies and procedures.
4. The human relations skills necessary to maintain positive client contacts and provide mentorship and motivation to subordinate staff and peers.
5. Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
6. Ability to identify, analyze and solve complex or unique engineering problems.
7. Ability to undertake short- and long-term planning to provide for efficient and effective scheduling of work assignments.
8. Needs to be familiar with the ABS Consulting Inc. Quality and Environmental Management System. (Internal candidates only.)
9. Experience in Design verification, validation and Risk Assessment activities for offshore projects
10. Operational Knowledge of offshore drilling & Completions
11. Proficient communicator with the capability to cultivate strong professional relationships with peers, management, clients, and other key stakeholders.
12. Proficient in design calculations and analysis methodologies
13. Knowledgeable in API Standards for drilling, ASME or other applicable industry standard.
Minimum years of Experience
2+ years of related experience
Required/Preferred Education Requirements
A Bachelor's degree or recognized equivalent in structural, marine or civil engineering, or naval architecture.
Required/Preferred Professional Requirements
A certification or qualification from a suitable marine or nautical institution and relevant sea-going experience as a certified ship officer; and proficiency in the English language.
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job of the incumbent. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making a fair decision regarding the pay structure of the job.
Work is primarily sedentary; exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects