Communications Network Engineer #20-100
Job located at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005
Flash Professional Services (FPS) is a customer focused company delivering government services and solutions. Working at FPS means applying a passion to solve real world problems to advance our nations military. As a team, we believe in collaboration, open communication and opportunity for growth. FPS fosters a challenging work environment for its employees. If you are brilliant, innovative and committed apply at www.flashprofessionalservices.com or apply here
US Citizenship and the ability to maintain a DoD security clearance required.
FPS is seeking a Communications Network Engineer to join our team at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD. This position supports C5ISR satellite communications concepts and technologies development, testing and troubleshooting as part of the SATCOM Division of the Space and Terrestrial Communications Directorate (S&TCD). A successful candidate has a strong hands-on network engineering expertise with the ability to troubleshoot and provide assistance to Enterprise, and Control Systems.
- Provide operations, installation, integration, test, and hardware engineering support for systems in the Laboratories
- Evaluate lab testing of technology refresh components to validate functional and performance baselines are met prior to fielding new capabilities to the warfighter.
- Ability to write test plans and perform analysis and develop test reports
- Develop requirement traceability documents and System Test Verification Plan (STVP) to verify requirement.
- Analyze deficiencies discovered from test events, acceptance tests, production reports, and maintenance reports and provide correction actions.
- Be knowledgeable in the application of current and emerging network software and hardware technology and protocols.
- Expertise pertaining to IP routing and switching technologies
- Expertise pertaining to unified communications (UC) voice technologies, topologies, and configurations to support design and implementation of voice related capabilities and architectures.
- Expertise is required in Cisco products (ex. Routers, Switches and Firewalls). An active Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) certification or higher is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to work on multi-functional teams
- Ability to perform in an independent working environment directly supporting customers
- Travel required: 15%
- BS in Engineering, Science, a technical field or equivalent experience
- 3 + years of experience in military communications system acquisition and/or operations
- 3+ (recent) years of experience with DoD SATCOM and/or DISA SATCOM
- An active Secret clearance is required to be considered for this position.
FPS provides an excellent package of comprehensive benefits for full-time employees.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance.
- 10 Paid Holidays; 3 weeks Paid Time Off.
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance and AD&D; Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account.
- Discounted Legal Service, Income Protection, Discounted Home & Auto.
- And more!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to providing a work environment that values and respects each Team Member as an individual and important member of our culturally diverse organization. In keeping with this commitment, the Company is dedicated to providing a work environment free from any type of discrimination based upon race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, covered veteran and military status, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics,political affiliation, or any other classification protected by law. This commitment and policy applies to all areas of employment.
Job Type: Full-time