Connect Atlantic Utility Services (CAUS) is one of Atlantic Canada’s largest Utility Service Contractors, specializing in Energized Transmission and Distribution maintenance. At CAUS, we take pride in our ability to assemble the best team for any task, ensuring that projects are done safely, on schedule, and on budget. The breadth of our personnel's experience enables us to supply all of the specialist talents that today's complicated projects necessitate.
We are currently seeking the following new member to join our team in Bedford, Nova Scotia:
Project Development Engineer
The Project Development Engineer’s primary responsibility is to assist the construction and shared services teams in the planning and execution of projects at various customer sites.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Work closely with project managers and operations;
· Regularly attend site meetings;
· Review and perform quantity take-offs on construction drawings;
· Establish work breakdown structure and rules of credit for measuring construction progress;
· Develop initial schedules at the estimating phase of projects;
· Transfer initial schedules to execution schedules when awarded contracts;
· Perform schedule analysis and develop progress S-curves, personnel and equipment forecasts;
· Develop detailed project budgets, cost reports, and dashboards;
· Track site progress, actual hours, and accrued costs;
· Track purchase orders and subcontract orders;
· Analyze earned, actual, estimated, and accrued hours, cost and progress against the baseline;
· Forecast future project revenues, costs, and cash-flows;
· Compile change orders incurred on the project;
· Review the impacts and offer solutions to site issues with respect to cost, schedule, and cash flow;
· Maintain comprehensive project risk register;
· Compile key project cost data and lessons learned for future estimates;
· Adhere to all Connect Atlantic policies, procedures, and safe work practices; and,
· Other duties and responsibilities as required.
· Experience in estimating and project controls using Primavera P6 is considered an asset;
· Knowledge and experience in the high voltage electrical construction industry is considered an asset;
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is considered an asset;
· Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills;
· High attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage competing priorities in order to meet deadlines;
· Self-starter and able to work in a team atmosphere;
· Strong leadership and delegation skills;
· Problem solving and root cause analysis skills;
· Valid Driver’s License;
· Commitment to customer satisfaction; and,
· A willingness to learn and grow by undertaking hands-on site training.
· The successful candidate must be willing to travel regularly to various project sites.
CAUS offers an excellent working environment, competitive salary, and comprehensive benefits package. Interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter including salary expectations. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CAUSwelcomes all qualified applicants including those who are designated group members – Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals, and Persons with Disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If selected to participate in the recruitment selection and/or assessment process, please inform our Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- civil engineering: 1 year (preferred)