Project Engineer Intern/Co-Op
Company Summary If you have taken a moment to unwind with a bottle of beer, toast with glass of wine, or celebrate with a cocktail, chances are that you have shared that moment with Constellation Brands. We are passionate producers of iconic beer, wine and spirits brands that consumers love. From Corona Extra, to Robert Mondavi Wines, to SVEKDA Vodka, we produce over 100 premium brands with sales in nearly 100 countries, making us the number one multicategory beverage alcohol company in the U.S.
Position Summary Support Constellation Engineering Team and Winery Operations with responsibility for managing production and technical projects that are designed to increase wine quality and lower production costs through efficiency gains, reduction of product loss, or reduction of labor requirements. Responsible for the engineering design of solutions for the improvement of plant production and utility issues identified by the Operations and Winemaking teams.
This is a temporary assignment, generally between June through December. Schedules are determined on an as needed basis to keep up with capital improvements. This may include weekend work, and overtime.
• Designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety, reliability, and throughput • Discussing and solving complex problems with manufacturing departments • Assist with winery projects using engineering principles and techniques • Planning and designing new production processes including process improvement & optimization • Makes recommendations of potential process improvements that could enhance our production performance. • Prepare and interpret blueprints, schematic drawings, and layouts • Solve various engineering calculations for plant mechanical and process systems • Researches new process technology presents new ideas and makes proposals for potential applications to Winemaking and Operations staff. • Administers library of facility blueprints, both physical prints and electronically • Maintains archived records of research and development projects for historical and reference purposes. • Assists Operations and Winemaking departments with special projects and equipment trials. • Supervision of projects that have been delegated by the Engineering Manager, which may include the following: o Implementation, coordination, and completion of designated projects. o Coordination with vendors contracted to install equipment and/or construction contractors. o Management of project documentation and distribution including CAD files, MS Project, building permits, software architecture, and safety training information
• Winemaking Staff: Works with Winemaking departments to identify and resolve issues regarding wine quality. • Production Department: Works with Production Managers to address potential improvements in procedures, process flow and capital improvements.
- Maintenance Department: Works with Maintenance staff regarding capital projects, preventative maintenance and routine maintenance issues. • Corporate Safety Manager: Assists with the implementation and management of safety programs regarding special equipment and projects that may be necessary to create a safe work environment. • Procurement: Works with the Procurement Team to research, select and procure products and services required to support approved process, equipment and systems improvements.
• Ability to work from June through the end of December • Ability to work various shifts including weekends and overtime • Pursuing a BS degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent experience. • Ability to read and draft mechanical, process, structural, and electrical blueprints • Excellent organizational and verbal and written communication skills required. • Ability to work well within a team environment, to work harmoniously with co-workers and to perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with and in support of our corporate values and targeted culture. • Experience in computer applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook) and AutoCAD.
• Previous internship or experience in a technical/ engineering environment a plus.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Working conditions in certain areas of the winery are cold, warm, wet, slippery and noisy. Involves exposure to loud noises, fumes, toxic chemicals, near moving mechanical parts and lift truck traffic. Frequent walking, standing, sitting, stooping, kneeling, crouch or crawl, going up and down stairs and ladders. Must be able to move up to 55 lbs. Must have a valid driver’s license. Occasional travel with ability to work weekends and overtime. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).