Design 27 is seeking a Senior Acoustic Engineer/Senior Acoustical Consultant to join our growing team. The successful candidate should have a minimum of five years of experience in acoustics and noise control acoustics. The position will serve as a design leader within the firm focused on various projects in the markets of education, healthcare, corporate and hospitality. Typical spaces include auditoriums, office environments, gymnasiums, and healthcare facilities. The selected individual should have a Bachelor’s or Master’s in acoustics, architectural engineering, physics, or related field.
The selected individual will work with our team of designers and consultants to address a range of acoustical issues with the appropriate solutions. This includes room acoustics, sound isolation, HVAC system noise, and environmental acoustics. The position will require preparation of reports, utilization of acoustic modeling software, and perform on-site acoustical testing when needed. We routinely have multiple projects running at various phases so the ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously is required.
- Collaboration with our architectural clients and the overall design team on various projects.
- Develop solid acoustical recommendations to address the issues related to a specific project.
- Create clear and concise documentation to support acoustical solutions that are developed.
- Produce budgetary models to support the recommended solutions for architect/owner consideration.
- Conduct on-site acoustical testing and noise surveys if needed.
- Review product submittals and shop drawings.
- Ability to meet deadlines and project phases.
- A minimum of five years’ experience as a consultant in architectural acoustics or a related field.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, architectural acoustics, physics or related field of study.
- Experience with providing acoustical solutions that address sound isolation, room acoustics, HVAC system noise, etc.
- The ability to manage client expectations and relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written skills are required.
- Basic knowledge of audio/visual systems or experience with AV systems design is a plus.
If you feel you have the qualifications and motivation to be a key contributor to our success, we are interested in hearing from you. Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements. We would like to bring someone on board as soon as possible.
Salary dependent upon experience and other attributes. We offer an excellent benefit package and expense reimbursements. Additionally, we provide ongoing training opportunities that impact overall performance, industry knowledge and future career growth.
This position may require working remotely dependent upon Covid regulations and state/local mandates.
Design 27 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Design 27 is an independent technology design and acoustical engineering firm creating engaged facilities. We have completed planning and design of information and communication technology needs that address very diverse requirements of corporate clients, research & clinical facilities, educational institutions, and critical information agencies.
Design 27 works as an advocate for the owner on each project engagement. Our approach is vendor/manufacturer independence focused on providing solutions that are specific and unique to each client and the end users’ experience. This has resulted in numerous successful projects focusing on workplace, education, healthcare, and civic engagements.
We are designers. We are consultants. We are passionate users and researchers of the rapidly changing technology fields of technology and acoustics along with the impact it plays in our learning environments, workplaces, public gathering spaces and beyond.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,871.00 - $108,536.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- acoustical: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location