- Apply here, Company website: https://www.utsa.edu/hr/employment/
· Support and perform system administration duties on large-scale computing, storage, and visualization systems
· Install and maintain software on large-scale systems as needed, such as the software for virtualization, visualization, backups and restores
· Monitor the health of the systems
· Research computing support infrastructure on-premises and cloud
· Consulting and supporting with users
Software development support
- Install and maintain software on large-scale systems - this includes the software for managing the user environments on large-scale computing platforms, job scheduling and management (e.g., Slurm), scientific applications (e.g., GROMACS and NWChem), and profiling tools and interfaces (e.g., PAPI, gprof, and nvprof)
- Administer (monitor) the use and performance of the research computing, storage, visualization, virtualization/cloud computing, and backup infrastructure; troubleshoot performance issues, and provide guidance for improving system performance and reducing bottlenecks; Monitor the availability of patches and update and evaluate the importance to the environment and schedule installations accordingly
- Provision and maintain the parallel file systems (e.g., Lustre)
- Explore the use of new tools and technologies as required by the department such as OpenHPC, Mistral for monitoring I/O, tools for tracking the use of applications on large-scale computing systems
- Provide support for running high-performance computing jobs on the cloud computing platforms
- Write scripts, and participate in user support activities as needed by the department
- Maintain VizLab hardware, software, and conduct tours - keep technology (hardware and software) up to date, explore and recommend new visualization technologies
- Responsible for upgrading/replacing existing research systems
- Install and rack physical servers and hardware
- Configure and maintain high-speed interconnects between different servers
- Coordinate with vendors to resolve hardware and software problems
- Participate in a 24-hour, 7-day on-call support rotation and off-hours maintenance windows
- Comply with all State and University policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university within area of assigned responsibility. Technical training and/or experience may be substituted for a degree on a year for year basis.
Five years of experience in the research field with a background in High Performance Computing, networking, and Linux.
Ability to design, promote, and implement change control and configuration management, structured design and support methodologies. Experience installing, configuring, and supporting various research applications such as graphing, plotting, numerical computations applications, etc. Demonstrate experience in programming in C, Java, Perl, batch/shell, or other general purpose programming languages; analyze system performance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to stand or walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and move equipment.
May require work to be perform work in data centers with loud equipment noise and cool temperatures.
Normal office environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $103,320.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- San Antonio, TX 78249 (Preferred)
- Research field, background High performance Computing.: 5 years (Required)
- managing HPC systems equipped w/Lustre, Slurm job scheduler: 5 years (Required)
- 1 yr hands-on experience w/OpenHPC.: 1 year (Preferred)