We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a SQL Server Developer. This position provides operational database services for a high-availability SQL Server 2012, 2016(and beyond) environment. The role is largely responsible for providing operational database services to the organization and is critical in ensuring the future-proofing of the companies database developments.
Some of the Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Performing database optimization and query tuning to ensure maximum efficiency on new and ongoing database transactions
- Maintaining a detailed understanding of MS SQL Server 2016+
- Owning , tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests in concert with the DBA’s.
- Working with database administration team to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
- Reviewing service related reports (e.g. database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within SLAs.
- Troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues and security issues.
- Performing database backup and restore, implement/troubleshoot transactional replication, install and configure SQL Server 2008 and newer as needed
- Writing and troubleshooting SQL Code and design (stored procedures, functions, tables, view, triggers, indexes, and constraints).
- Performing data validation using T-SQL code.
- Working with others in IT to build the logical database area and provide technical guidance during all phases of the development process.
- Detecting and troubleshooting SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
- Providing SQL Database operational support to tech users.
For the individual to perform this job successfully, they must be able to perform each duty as listed below.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in daily situations.
- Have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form, define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions, present conclusions to your team, direct manager and other departmental or Company peers, if required
- Use basic math skills including, have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Compute rate, ratio and percentages if needed for this role. Calculate figures and amounts where necessary. Understand the basic concepts of algebra and geometry
- Read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Other Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong understanding of Database Administration in SQL Server (2012 and beyond)
- A thorough understanding of T-SQL.
- Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication.
- Advanced experience in implementing operational automation.
- Strong knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching. How statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can be created and managed effectively.
- Knowledge of SQL Server tools (Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SAC, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs, and system stored procedures (system sprocs)
- Windows Server, security delegation, SPNs, storage components.
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures (creating KBs, runbooks, topology etc)
- Database Security
- Relational Data Base Management System (RDBMS)
- Knowledge regarding database storage solutions outside of MS SQL a plus
Education and/or Experience
Minimum 5 years of experience in database development and support in MS SQL Server environments is required.
We are seeking driven, self-motivated candidates with a 'fix it before it breaks’ mentality.
This position will be allowed to work from home as defined by the company. This is a* limited remote *position. In order to be considered for this position, you MUST live in one of the following States, MO, KS, TX, OK, NV, IL. There is no Company sponsored relocation for this role.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations