FOUR POINTS BY SHERATON KALAMAZOO
As an Engineer (GSE), your duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
Perform general repairs and maintenance of any and all equipment found in and around the Hotel. Specific work areas will be assigned as needed to each cast member, based on skill level and experience. Accurate record keeping on assigned tasks is required.
Respond to guest room calls and conduct minor repairs in a timely manner. Including electrical, painting, plumbing and a/c repairs.
- Must have minimum of three years hands-on experience working on minor electrical, painting, plumbing and a/c repairs.
- Good communication skills required
- Able to work indoors and outdoors, as needed.
Bask Development is a premier management company based in Chicago, Illinois and is franchise operator of The Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo under a license issued by Starwood Hotels and Resorts. By joining our team you will be part of a growing hotel management company which is expanding and looking for associates which are passionate in delivering exceptional experiences to our guests as well as being part of an organization which values the well-being of our associates. As part of a Starwood Franchised hotel you will be connected to one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1000 properties in over 100 countries, with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, Sheraton®, Westin®, Four Points® by Sheraton, W®, Le Meridian®, Aloft® ,Element®. Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc. as well as the hotels directly managed by Bask Development. The Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo is a full service hotel with 149 guest rooms and 7500 square feet of flexible meeting space. Kalamazoo is located between Chicago and Detroit in Southwest Michigan. The hotel has been fully renovated and has operated as a Starwood Franchise since 2012.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
The company is an employer that offers equal opportunities. We evaluate qualified regardless of race, color, religion, sex, origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $14.75 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- maintenance: 2 years (Required)
- Kalamazoo, MI 49001 (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma