Helical Drilling, Inc., is a Geotechnical Design Build firm that specializes in Ground Improvement throughout the New England area is looking for a Micropile General Superintendent. Helical is comprised of Geotechnical Engineers, Construction Managers and Field Crews under one roof.
Experience and skills preferred for the position.
- Minimum of 10-15+ years’ experience in the Micropile, grouting and small diameter drilling industry
- Minimum 3-5+ years’ Drilling experience
- Experience running multiple crews and/or very large projects within the geotechnical drilling industry
- Strong knowledge of the various types of micropile and tieback rigs
- Strong Knowledge of the various type drill tooling, how to set them up and proper operation.
- Strong understanding of soils and how to deal with the variable conditions often seen in drilling. How to choose the right tooling for the given ground conditions.
- Ability multi task, delegate and do if required
- Strong work ethic, driven, self-motivated and able to self-direct
- Ability to troubleshoot all aspects of the micropile and drilling operations, hands on problem solver
- Able to manage and work well with others
- Mechanically inclined , experience working on drill rig and tooling
- OSHA 10 and or 30
- Drivers License and or CDL
Typical daily tasks and responsibilities for this position
- Collaborate w/ Clients, Construction Manager or Project Managers to develop a plan to complete the work in the safest and most efficient manner
- Coordinate personal and crew staffing to complete jobs on schedule
- Coordinate preconstruction meetings and site visits with the Construction Manager
- Assist and help Manage project scheduling
- Assist project managers with estimating, help them figure out the best way to build the piles from tooling and equipment
- Coordinate trucking of materials and equipment to the job sites
- Make sure daily field reports are completed on time and capture the daily activities
- Assist the crew in the field as needed to complete the job. Need to have the ability to get behind the controls as needed to get the job done
- Organize and track inventory, bits, drill steel, flushing adapters, etc.
- Available day/evening for urgent questions and issues both from office & field.
- Able to work in both the field and office, 70% field/ 30 % office +/-.
- 50hr a week position +/-
- Health and Dental Insurance -100% Paid for by Helical Drilling, single and family plans
- 3 weeks Paid Vacation
- 5 Sick Days (per MA state law)
- 401K plan, Helical contributes 3% to your yearly gross
- Great Work/Life Balance
Helical follow all CDC COVID-19 Protocols
Job Type: Full-time