- Responsible for planning, evaluating, organizing, and implementing assigned installation, maintenance and repair activities and coordinating with other departments to assure minimum downtime for production and maximum safety of employees
- Implement and support the Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) we use SAP at our location
- Maintains Maintenance project schedule (Rebuilds, Small OPEX Projects and Scheduled Down Days) by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions
- Interacts with managers and supervisors at plant to secure appropriate resources to plan and implement maintenance projects
- Drive asset care and Total Productive Maintenance strategies
- Lead maintenance planning and process procedure improvements using reliability tools
- Hands-on facilitation of root-cause analysis events
- Manage predictive maintenance program including Thermal Scanning, Ultrasonic, Vibration monitoring to ensure compliance to established standards
- Partner with members of the Maintenance, Engineering and Environmental teams to ensure Best Maintenance Practices are employed
- Performing and leading Failure Mode Equipment Analysis (FMEA's)
- Analyze predictive maintenance data to ensure proper preventative maintenance activities are being conducted
- Review engineering specs and design modification to process equipment for reliability capability
- Performs root cause analysis as well as implements sustainable countermeasures on losses related to maintenance by working with operations and maintenance personnel
- Ensures Professional Maintenance (PM) is accomplished in a timely manner and are to a high standard of quality
- Work with maintenance supervisor to develop PM’s that drive improved reliability
- Develops and maintains standard operating and maintenance procedures, and work instructions
- Maintains records of plant and individual equipment performance
- Prepares and maintains data sheets, wiring and Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) and flow charts required for the proper and efficient operation of plant equipment
- Advise on proper execution and documentation of repair and preventive maintenance (PM) activities
- Analyzes and presents accurate data and information from records to prepare reports, statistics, etc. in support of continuous improvement of reliability
- Reviews entire project for continuity and completeness
- Assist in capital project management as required
- Maintains continual communications with all personnel assigned to the project
- Schedule periodic meetings with stakeholders to keep them informed of the project status
- Determines project staffing needs through coordination of supervisors & managers
- Uses staffing charts to help track and facilitate progress and to keep the project on track
- Manages/Supervises the project staff
- May delegate technical supervision for portion of work as being a Maintenance Engineer duties includes recognizing the need for assistance to meet schedules
Safety and Environmental
- Continuously evaluates workplace for safety concerns and ensures behavioral safety initiatives are performed to goal levels
- Assures good housekeeping practices following 5S systems, enforces plant rules and safety regulations, and supports Vallourec Star initiatives
- Works closely with Production, Maintenance and Safety Managers to coordinate any proposed changes using the change management system
- Work with Maintenance/Production Managers for OPEX funds
- Provide input for the maintenance budget
- Supports Autonomous Maintenance through training of operators and ensuring that equipment basic conditions are maintained throughout the plant and additionally, must be able to provide training for operators and maintenance personnel.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Working knowledge of TPM, root cause analysis, predictive and preventive maintenance systems, and visual plant concepts
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to plan and organize
- Strong leadership skills that includes a strong sense of ownership and results orientation
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing (this can be acquired on the job)
- Experience in a continuous manufacturing environment
- Proven ability to use analytical tools and problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals in team based environment
- Technical Skills
- Project Management
- Safety Management
- Circuit Design (hydraulics, pneumatics and Electrical)
- Strong knowledge of HMI software development and level 1 programming languages. Experience with data historian and reporting packages (RS View and Wonder Ware)
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing within the organization, both vertically and horizontally
- Project management skills.
- Strong decision-making skills based on analytical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work independently and execute objectives in a cross-functional team environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills for potential carrier growth opportunities.
- Ability to provide after-hours support
- Excellent communication skills (able to work within a team environment specifically to communicate programming modifications to other electricians, staff and production)
- Experience with E-stops and safety circuits
- Familiarity with NFPA 70E
- Understanding of electricity, instrumentation and analog to digital conversion
- Experience in automated control systems including, but not limited to, Design and programming PLCs, HMIs, and VF drives.
- Proficient with ladder logic programming with Rockwell PC applications such as RS Linx, RS NetWorx & RS Logix 5, 500, and 5000.
- Must be familiar with Allen Bradley Panel builder 32 & RS View development HMI applications
- Must have experience with VF drives, specifically AB drives.
- Must be proficient with PLC networking configurations for Ethernet, DeviceNet, Wonderware, profbus, DH+, DF1.
- Must be able to follow design and work processes.
- Must be able to read and understand standard electrical schematics and be skilled in troubleshooting control systems during start up and debug.
- Must be proficient MS word and Excel, and have a familiarity with AutoCad
- Must be able to work independently and have the ability to work well with others within the team environment and have the ability to communicate well with customers.
- Must pay close attention to detail and quality, in order to be committed to deliver the best possible product to customers.
Experience performing programming changes and ladder logic and related software to the following:
- Siemen’s step 7
- RS View
- Win CC
- Direct Logic
- Allen Bradley RS Logic 5000
- Developing PLC code based on department standards
- Adapting standard PLC code to new applications
- Documenting PLC code
- Developing HMI configurations
- Debugging and troubleshooting PLC based control systems at customer sites
- Control system testing
- Must be able to use test equipment (multi-meter to test for Ohms to measure resistance, DC and AC voltage, proximity tester to test proximity switches, amp probe to check for amperage, phase finder to check rotation on motors, meager to check insulation breakdown, shorts to ground
- Must be able to read and understand electrical and ladder logic schematics
- Must have strong electrical controls knowledge and understanding
- Ensure all equipment compliant with OSHA and (NEC) National Electrical Safety Code
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering Preferred
- Minimum 4-Year degree Computer Science, Information Systems or electrical engineering
- 5 years of systems engineering/design and analysis experience, including specification, simulation, programming, evaluation of software packages, testing techniques. Experience with Oracle and SQL databases.
- 5 years of experience with developing and/or administrating shop floor production systems in heavy industrial environment, PLC’s programming, integration and network communication
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES & CAPABILITIES:
- Directable, Teamwork, Adaptability, Accountability, Reliability/dependability, Initiative
- Safety awareness, Ability to receive and provide constructive feedback , Pride in performance, Continuous Improvement/Quality, Communication , Positive responses to change, High attention to detail.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
Work Location: Multiple Locations