Role: Splunk Developer
Location: Woonsocket RI 02895(onsite role)
Duration: 12 months + contract
As a Cyber Security Content Developer, you will be responsible for developing SIEM content to monitor and detect of potential security incidents across the CVS Health enterprise. As the Security Operations Center (SOC) Senior Analyst, you are part of the first line of defense for CVS Health’s Information Security. You will be responsible for SIEM content management, content creation, rule tuning, reporting, and process documentation.
Additional responsibilities of the Cyber Security Content Developer include:
-Creating and performing review and validation of daily compliance reports to track business as usual and out of policy activities.
-Working with the Security Operations Center (SOC) to identify content improvements.
-Assisting the SOC with searches by acting as an expert in Splunk Search Language
-Working alongside senior security engineers and architects to deliver superior security services to CVS Health business units.
-Participating in an on-call rotation that provides 24/7 support
-Writing scripts to automate daily SOC tasks
An ideal candidate is detail oriented, has a strong interest in system and network security and has strong communication skills.
- 5+ years of experience working in an information technology or security related field
- 1+ years of experience with Splunk
- 1+ years of experience and knowledge of two or more of the following security related technologies in a professional or academic setting: Intrusion Prevention systems, Web Proxies, Firewalls, Web application scanner, Sandboxes, Vulnerability Scanners, Malware Research Tools or Forensics Tools
-Understanding of regular expressions
-Understanding of Splunk logging
-Strong Understanding of Splunk Search Language
-Experience with Splunk data models
-YARA rule experience
-Snort rule experience
-Python Coding experience
-Incident response experience
-Splunk ES admin certifications or proof of training
- Bachelor’s degree is required, additional work experience may be considered in lieu of degree
Job Type: Contract
- Splunk Development: 5 years (Preferred)
- Woonsocket, RI 02895 (Preferred)