Powin Energy Corporation is a producer of commercially proven, cost-competitive, bankable lithium-ion battery technology that is poised to capture significant market share. Powin’s competitive advantage – cost effectiveness, reliability, deployability, and operational sophistication – in the emerging energy storage sector allows us to be a market leader in providing utility-scale, turnkey, battery energy solutions.
Powin is seeking to increase its Operations Division staff and is looking for a talented and motivated individual with a desire to contribute to the building of the next energy infrastructure. The ideal candidate for this role will be able to: learn quickly; handle multiple tasks; pay attention to details; and ensure things are done right the first time.
- Remote installation support for a rapidly growing number of global projects in new markets
- Monitor and operate the system according to the operation procedure and/or market bidding awards or bilateral agreements with grid utilities to maximize availability/revenue.
- Maintain a daily log of monitoring, operation and maintenance performed, outages, changes in operating status, inspections and any other significant events.
- Manage stakeholders, customers, and maintenance support.
- Monitor, report, and make recommendations for product improvement.
- Schedule and coordinate routine inspection and maintenance for global projects.
- Coordinate with ISO, local grid utilities, fire alarm company, and security alarm company
- Emergency coordination and management
- Overtime/on-call will be required with notice.
- A minimum of a two-year college degree in Electrical Technology, other engineering related degree, or equivalent experience.
- Experience handling multiple tasks – at various stages of completion – simultaneously without losing track of the details under both normal and stressful conditions.
- Experience using computer applications (e-mail, Internet, Excel, word processing, and databases) while monitoring and navigating among several computer screens simultaneously.
- Ability to complete tasks without continuous, direct supervision and accept accountability for all actions.
This is a full-time, salaried position that reports to the Vice President of Installation, Commissioning and Operations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Electrical Technology, Computer Science or other engineering: 2 years (Required)