Staff Civil /Geotechnical Engineer (P.E. or E.I.T.)
Reno Tahoe Geo Associates, Inc. is a provider of Geotechnical/ Specialty Civil Engineering services in the Northern Nevada and the Lake Tahoe, California region. We have been serving the region for 30 years.
Reno Tahoe Geo Associates, Inc. has an immediate opening for Geotechnical /Civil Engineer to join its team. The Geotechnical /Civil Engineer will work on diverse projects for both private and public clients.
· Specialized engineering analysis related to foundation and wall design, slope stability; site grading, drainage, surface hydrology, water supply, onsite disposal, shoreline protection, and materials engineering.
· Perform engineering studies and analysis, and generate technical reports and civil plans for a wide variety of projects including private, commercial, industrial, and public works
· Engineering design of grading, utilities, drainage and BMP’s, scheduling of work and deliverables, preparation of plans and specs
Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering
Possesses P.E. or, Engineer-in-Training and advancing toward registration as Professional Engineer in Nevada and/or California
3-5 years of civil engineering experience in the following:
· Geotechnical-related evaluation and design
· Analysis and design of projects
· Participation in a variety of projects which include civil / geotechnical / investigation / design /plan preparation / permitting / construction
· Proficient in latest versions of AutoCAD and experience in Civil 3D
· Experience in civil engineering design and an ability to prepare construction plans for site development, shoreline protection, slope repair, etc.
Possesses initiative, resourcefulness and motivation in resolving site preparation and engineering design problems
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and ability to work in a team environment on various projects
Current Nevada Driver’s License (or ability to obtain within 6 mos.)
MSHA and/or OSHA safety certification is desirable
Job Type: This is a full-time, permanent position.
Your Benefits Will Include:
Group medical insurance plans – 100% employer paid for employee
Paid Sick Leave
Self-directed retirement plan with employer match
Educational financial assistance
Paid professional and technical association dues
For confidential consideration please submit a detailed resume with cover letter
All applicants must be U.S. citizens or authorized to work and reside in the U.S.
No H-1 visa support will be provided.
About the Area
The Reno / Lake Tahoe area is a beautiful region with opportunities for fishing, hunting, skiing, hiking, backpacking, horseback riding, boating and other recreation opportunities. The State of Nevada also enjoys no state income tax.
Location: Northern Nevada
Recruiters, please do not contact
Job Type: Full-time