Self-Help Enterprises, a non-profit in Central California, has a job opening for a Project Manager in our Community Development (CD) Department, based out of our Visalia or Madera office to assist with the implementation of the Drinking Water for Schools (DWFS) Grant Program. The Project Manager will work with eligible school districts to develop, fund and implement projects that improve access to and the quality of drinking water in public schools serving rural, disadvantaged communities. The Project Manager will report to the CD DWFS Manager and is responsible for several aspects of the District specific project development and implementation actions and overall program administration.
- Conduct outreach (phone calls, emails and/or board presentations) to eligible school districts.
- Conduct school site assessments and related research to determine need and solutions.
- Work with multiple stakeholders (school district staff, governing boards, water operators, engineers and the State Water Resources Control Board – Division of Financial Assistance and Division of Drinking Water) to facilitate the development and implementation of water quality and water access projects.
- Package project grant applications/proposals and award funds.
- Assist school districts with preparing requests for bid/proposals, hiring contractors and establishing and managing necessary contracts.
- Conduct necessary grant/program administration including preparing, submitting reimbursement claims, and quarterly progress reports.
- Conduct education and outreach to staff/students/parents.
- Participate in calls and planning meetings with staff, partners, and state agencies.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience working with multiple professionals and preferably with contractors, vendors and school districts.
- Knowledge and/or experience in developing requests for bids/proposals and managing bidding process.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects and activities simultaneously and with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work independently and as team member.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and/or experience in reviewing and processing invoices for contracts and grant agreements.
- Knowledge and/or experience with contracts and grants administration and reporting.
Salary is competitive and DOQ.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Sick Leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Group Life Insurance
- Long- term Disability
- Health/Fitness Club
- Paid Holidays
- Education Assistance
- Computer Purchase Loan
- Employee Assistance Program
Job Type: Full-time
There are also additional job openings posted on our website: https://www.selfhelpenterprises.org/about-us/#career-opportunities
Job Type: Full-time