Work on product designs using Additive Manufacturing technology to improve performance and quality. Being aligned to Clinical Care Solutions design teams with a focus on mechanical design work related to enabling Additive-made components. While also being part of the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering team, working with the Additive labs. One will be expected to be an advocate of Additive Engineering and help spread the design principles across the design teams one works with within CCS.
- Support engineering teams across CCS modalities to identify customer requirements and translate them into product requirements.
- Lead design for additive activities from idea submission to concept development through product feasibility and ultimately design transfer by following the Additive Manufacturing milestones process
- Drive improved product performance and quality by developing additive manufacturing cost-effective solutions, and overseeing successful execution of Additive Manufacturing designs
- Collaborate with Additive Process engineers to identify appropriate additive technologies and develop solutions for additive designs/applications.
- Lead implementation of common additive manufacturing applications and Brilliant Factory Initiatives across GE Healthcare globally
- Provide technical support to CCS modalities to create strategic roadmaps for Additive Manufacturing
- Support AME Additive Manufacturing COE activities and sub-core teams; foster synergies, and collaborate with Engineering Technical Councils to standard utilization of Additive technologies within GE Healthcare.
- Leverage and expand network of experts across CCS to drive best practice sharing, knowledge transfer, training and awareness of Additive capabilities.
- Ensure regulatory compliance through Qualification & Validation. Responsible for ensuring rigor in determining processes requiring validation, development of plans and analysis criteria, execution and final analysis and acceptance
- Support how Additive design controls and our QMS intersect while providing guidance for simplification and design rigor.
1. B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering or related technical degree and 3 years’ experience.
2. Prior experience in the field of additive manufacturing
3. Strong working knowledge of CAD systems and CAD file management (e.g. Creo, Solidworks)
4. Ability to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team
5. Demonstrated strong communication skills (written and verbal) to all levels of the organization
6. Ability to identify and implement Best Practices
7. Demonstrated troubleshooting, analytical and planning skills
8. Experience working with global teams
9. Demonstrated program or project management skills
10. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States full-time without sponsorship.
1. MS in technical concentration/field
2. 5+ years experience in Mechanical Engineering
3. Creo design experience
4. 6-sigma DMAIC & DFSS certified
5. Domain expertise in the field of additive engineering
6. Strong working knowledge of CAD systems and CAD file management (e.g. Creo, Solidworks)
7. Product and process development experience
8. Solid working knowledge of GEHC QMS procedures for GMP
9. Experience developing tools and templates
10. Demonstrated experience owning production processes / growing capability in yield and quality
11. Willing to travel domestic and internationally up to 25% of the time.
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical
technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable
healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough
challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery,
biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps
medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
target=“_blank”>Learn More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
United States; Wisconsin; Waukesha
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.