In Place Technology is currently recruiting to fill two full-time positions to perform welding and fabrication in the fabrication and modification of small vehicles, agricultural equipment, trailers, storage systems, and materials handling equipment.
Any qualified individual may apply. This is a non-exempt position working the first shift with mildly flexible hours.
Examples of Duties: Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Repair and fabrication of metal items utilizing metal working equipment including layout and design work;
- Fabrication of sheet metal items such as frames, boxes, trays, covers, materials beds and dollies; fabricate structures for small vehicles, trailers, carts, storage systems, railings, and other structures;
- Fabrication and installation of small vehicle frames, bodies and beds, trailers and other specialty items;
- Fabrication of specialty items and tools;
- Fabrication from drawings, blueprints and sketches;
- Contributes to product design improvements and efficiencies.
Other Related Duties
Other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education, experience, knowledge and abilities may satisfy the necessary minimum qualifications. A typical way to obtain the education, experience, knowledge and abilities would be:
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Course work from an accredited trade school, college or university in welding, fabrication and blueprint reading.
Experience: One (1) year of increasingly responsible experience in welding and fabrication. Experience in performing automotive repair and/or agricultural equipment is desirable.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of all types of welding including; mig/tig, electric, oxy-acetylene, and with steel and aluminum materials;
- Knowledge and ability to perform code quality welding and cutting of ferrous and non-ferrous metals;
- Knowledge of standard practices, methods, tools and materials of the trade; hazards and safety precautions; metal forming, tempering, hardening, sharpening and soldering;
- Knowledge and ability to safely operate equipment such as but not limited to: plasma cutter, press brake, iron worker, metal shear, band saw, cold saw, box and pan brake, drill press, grinder, hydraulic pipe bender, and metal milling machine;
- Knowledge of basic auto mechanics, trailer mechanics, and electrical systems;
- Ability to visualize special projects; determine proper work method, design, engineer, layout, fabricate and evaluate completed project;
- Ability to identify different types and grades of metal and determine proper repair and fabrication procedures;
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with others;
- Ability to maintain accurate records of materials, work time and other information as required;
- Ability to safely work in a confined space and from elevated platform;
- Ability to instruct others in the use of welding equipment and techniques;
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. overhead;
- Proficient in English and Spanish a plus.
Special Requirements: Must have a certified welding certificate.
Supplemental Information: Qualified applicants must submit a resume of work experience with professional references to be considered.
Applications will be reviewed on a comparative basis and only those most qualified will be invited to continue in the selection process, which may consist of an overall assessment of the individual's skills through (1) written exam; (2) oral interview; (3) practical exam; and (4) contacting of references to include current and former supervisors. The applicant must perform successfully in each phase of the recruitment in order to continue in the selection process.
In Place Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE VERIFICATION OF HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR GED AND APPLICABLE HIGHER EDUCATION DEGREE, PASS A MEDICAL EXAM INCLUDING A DRUG AND ALCOHOL SCREEN, AND A COMPLETE BACKGROUND CHECK PRIOR TO BEGINNING WORK.
INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $21.00 per hour
- MIG welding experience: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Required)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma