Northwest Engineering Group (NWEG) is searching for an exceptional structural and/or geotechnical engineer in the Eugene, OR area to join our team. NWEG provides foundation design and consulting services in Oregon, Washington, Alaska, and California, and NWEG will give special consideration to qualified candidates with a P.E. license in California. Experience in deep foundation systems is a plus.
The structural/geotechnical engineer will provide engineering services that may include performing and/or leading field inspections, testing, engineering analysis, calculations, design of deep foundation systems, including plans and specifications, and the writing, preparation, and review of related reports. Apply sound engineering principles to all work. Strong written and spoken communication skills are required in this position, and the engineer must be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to both technical and non-technical clients.
· Analysis and design of deep foundations for structures ranging from residential to commercial
· Furnish structural inspection reports based on visual inspections of buildings
· Coordinate with clients, engineers, and contractors
· Review construction drawings, provide clarifications to RFIs, Addendums, etc. to ensure successful completion of projects
· Assist in the preparation of shop drawings, plans, specifications,and other project related documents
· Analyze data and perform engineering calculations and analysis for PE review
· Make design recommendations, adaptations, and modifications for review and consideration by the Professional Engineer of Record
· Interacts with client and project team in developing scope of services and communicating project progress
· Ability to provide technical presentations
· Proficiency in using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, Engineering software, etc.
· B.S. degree in Structural or Geotechnical Engineering
· P.E. or E.I.T.
· AutoCAD experience, must be able to produce examples of past designs/drawings
· Knowledge of building and design codes
Benefits & Compensation:
· Full-time employment with great salary
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $0.00 /year
- P.E. or E.I.T. (Preferred)