Who are we?
CertaSite is a fast-growing fire and life safety company. Fire and life safety is our passion. It’s all we think about. We leverage our hard-earned expertise to give people peace of mind, confidence, and more time to pursue their core businesses. Since 2018, we have grown from four to 15 markets serving over 14,400 customers throughout the Midwest.
As we grow and expand into new markets, we are building a team that loves what they do and has fun doing it. If you are looking to be challenged every day and for an opportunity to make a huge impact and grow with a mission-driven company focused on the customer, we hope you will consider this amazing opportunity.
To protect and provide a meaningful impact to as many lives as possible
Delivering the most dependable and simplified life safety solution on the planet
- Passionate – Relentless pursuit to be great, not just good enough. And we have fun doing it.
- Impactful – Our work makes a real difference in the world. We literally save lives, but that’s just the beginning.
- Innovative – We believe there is always a better way. We don’t stop until we find it.
- Genuine – We do what we say, and we mean it.
We are looking for a service manager, who will provide leadership to the operations team which includes overseeing the fulfillment process for work sold to ensure customer’s requirements are met, revenue and profit objectives are met, and operational efficiencies are achieved. You will collaborate with other managers, shop and support staff, technicians, customers and others to help ensure CertaSite delivers the most simplified and dependable life safety solution on the planet! This is a fast paced and demanding role with high visibility within the company. This role reports to the general manager.
- Administer safety programs, monitor compliance with job site safety, safety training, safety documents, auditing, and reporting
- Supports sales through involvement in job quotation and estimation. Approves estimates for scope of work, labor hours and material content, assesses profit risk of jobs, controls material and labor cost and provides feedback to the district and general manager
- Provides leadership and supervision to technician team and responsible for the team’s development and training
- Provides consistent interface with current customer base and establishes effective working relationships in order to identify additional selling opportunities
- Establishes project timelines, meets with customers to communicate and coordinate project schedule. Manages projects, assigns personnel, oversees ordering of equipment and material, and assures that proper customer signoffs are secured per corporate policy requirements. Assists project managers and engineers with said activities as well
- Monitors warehouse inventory, truck inventory. Assists purchasing and inventory control specialists with said activities
- Ensures that maintenance contract commitments are fulfilled, and inspections completed on time. Provides input to scheduling coordinator on scheduling activity of technicians
- Works with the technician team to generate pull-through service and repair work on existing house accounts. Leads customer care initiatives
- Responsible for technician goal setting and performance reviews and will ensure completed on-time each year
- Supports technician training by coordinating training with training department. Reports training plan and budget to DM & GM
- Work with account managers, sales, and other operational leaders in order to resolve customer issues, including customer visits
- Provides weekly job status, revenue and reports to DM & GM
- Coordinates with fleet manager and office staff on fleet management activities such as oil changes, repairs, and general maintenance
- Other projects as assigned
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from a technical or trade school with a focus in life safety such as fire extinguisher, restaurant hoods, fire alarm, first aid, fire suppression, or sprinkler
- 3 – 5 years of business experience in sales and / or operations, with a minimum of 2 years of related field leadership experience preferably within the service industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- NICET Level 1 Certified
- 3 + years of leadership experience within the life safety industry
- Experience with employee relations, talent management/engagement, team building, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Superior management skills, excellent time management, planning, and forward-thinking skills
- Must demonstrate ability to work with and influence peers and management
- Expert familiarity with applicable codes (i.e. NFPA )
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Available for occasional business travel, which may include nights and weekends.
- Physical requirements may include, but are not limited to: climbing up or down ladders, occasional lifting up to 50lbs, stairs, scaffolding, ramps and the like; remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods; moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another; moving in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces; and general office duties including use of a computer
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Controlled climate, office environment
- Occasional work from home options
- Required to sit for long periods of time, 8 or more hours per day
- Frequently required to use monitor, keyboard, mouse and phone
- Work at a mission-driven company, focused on people
- Comprehensive medical plan options, including dental and vision
- 401K plan with company match
- Generous paid-time off, paid holidays, and paid paternity leave
- Education reimbursement program
- 2021 growth plan includes continued growth and expansion into new markets and products and services
This is a unique opportunity to join a great team at a company that is quickly growing and evolving. Significant potential for growth.