Are you a Tech Professional looking to work closer to home? i–Open Technologies is looking to fill positions at our Abbotsford offices, located in the heart of the Fraser Valley. The Fraser Valley offers the small-town community feel that provides a great place to live and raise a family. With more affordable housing, cheaper gas prices and a lower cost of living, i-Open Technologies provides the same opportunity as the big city companies but allows you to capture the benefits of living in the Valley.
- Become a subject matter expert
- CORELine architecture
- Background and understanding of legacy systems (LOID, CORE, etc.)
- Third-party applications: Active reports, XMF Accelerator, etc.
- Oversight of the GIS software, GIS environment, databases, including ArcGIS Server installation, optimization, configuration, maintenance, map authoring, data processing, geodatabases, editing, geoprocessing, analysis, report making and more.
- Working closely with the design and development teams and supporting developers, troubleshooting data/SQL issues, interfacing with the lead designer for both web based and mobile solutions
- Using a wide range of software tools including: ESRI ArcGIS, SQL Server, Safe FME, along with open source tools such as GeoServer, POSTGRES and PostGIS
- Completing geospatial projects using analytical skills, creating value added data, perform geoprocessing, and publishing reports and statistics
- Understanding of ArcGIS Online and Web AppBuilder would be considered favorably
- Working on specific projects for internal and external clients
- Required to learn our software and fully understand the capabilities of our solution and to be able to perform software demonstrations engaging clients in a professional and effective manner.
- Recommends appropriate reactionary strategies in response to GIS analysis. Provides maps and data sets to clients to supplement analysis. Knowledgeable of GIS software and technology
- Building automated scripts (Model Builder, Python)
- Provide support to various web and mobile mapping solutions.
- Development and implementation of custom databases.
- Assist in the maintenance of SDE databases.
- Update of customer data either manually or though custom developed bulk uploads processes.
- Cartographic mapping and imagery analysis.
- Digitizing data.
- A Broad knowledge of GIS concepts.
- Knowledge and experience working with spatial projections
- Experience in python and VB scripting.
- Experience working with, georeferencing, and analyzing imagery.
- Familiarity with title mapping and land titles would be an asset.
- Basic to intermediate project management experience and knowledge along with some experience gathering requirements internally and directly from customers.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience with ESRI products including ArcGIS Server, model building, python scripting, and ArcGIS Server.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience with MS SQL and RDBMS’ including administration, schema design, and performance optimization.
Job Type: Full-time