The healthcare system isn't doing enough for patients, but you can help change that. PatientsLikeMe is leading the social medicine space by allowing people to: share their health data, track their progress, help others, and change medicine for good. Each time someone shares their experience, they're helping the next person diagnosed learn what could really work for them, and helping researchers shorten the path to new treatments. We're passionate about improving the lives of patients, improving the healthcare system, working on hard technical problems and doing all of this with teamwork. If you want to work with great people in an R&D organization on an initiative that matters, we want to talk to you. Come make a difference in patients' lives with us!
Who are we hiring?
We're excited to be hiring a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer for our growing QA team, working full-time or part-time (3-4 days per week). We will also consider remote work options, for the right candidate. You'll be responsible for both developing and implementing our test strategies. Not only should you enjoy writing and executing test plans, but you should also enjoy mentoring other QA engineers, and working with stakeholders across the organization to help design solutions.
Your Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, document and manage test strategies and test plans
- Mentor others on the QA team, and lead by example
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, software engineers, and others
- Improve team performance through process and/or tools
- Work with senior staff throughout the organization to promote QA needs and processes
- Understand Agile framework methods and promote throughout organization
- Onboard new hires
- 4 years related experience; flexible for the right candidate
- Experience testing web-based applications
- Experience with SQL and relational databases, or desire to learn
- Knowledge of open source and/or commercial testing tools (for example, cross-platform and API testing tools)
- Mobile application testing experience a plus
- Experience with Ruby or other object-oriented programming language a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication and collaboration skills
- Attention to detail
- Curious nature, interested in learning more
- Ability to ask questions, chase answers and dig deep
- Good time management skills
Competitive salary, generous vacation package, flexible schedule, health and dental, free lunch once/week and a company discussion/presentation — often by industry leaders in health and technology. Your teammates are also musicians, home-brewers, artists, gardeners, athletes and all-around great people.