We are constructing the largest wheat protein facility in North America in Phillipsburg, KS and we are looking for a Field Engineer! The Field Engineer role is the first rotation of three for the Superintendent Development Program for Todd & Sargent. The main goal of this role it to expedite the learning of the core specific skill sets of each Todd & Sargent construction process.
- Learn to build slipforms and participate in several slipform processes
- Learn and practice the structural processes of the Flour Mill project: slab, tower, deck, and all slip structural tasks.
- Be a part of the equipment installation teams: Learn how you get equipment across the site, setting equipment, read drawings and learn how it all needs to be put together, complete one project worth of spouting tasks.
- Become OSHA 30 certified
- Responsible for Engineering Feedback Loop - Engineering issues, RFI Log, manage engineering checklists, maintain the original drawings with redlines to demonstrate improvement ideas
- Become a competent person in the following equipment: rigging, forklift, skid steer, lifts, and crabs
- Responsible for inventory receiving and organizing
- Attend all on-site meetings and take notes for Superintendents
- Responsible for daily work reports and weekly progress reports
- Be trained and become the expert on 3D modeling
- Final field reviewer of weekly payroll
- Manage the maintenance, repair, and cannibalization of the tools
- Be and/or become the site expert and trainer of Total Station
Required Education & Experience:
- Pursuing a two year or four year degree in Construction, Engineering, or a related field
- Construction experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong knowledge and interested in the use of technology
Typical Physical Demands:
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Ability to work at heights
- Ability to work in outside conditions
Working Conditions: Construction jobsite
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 5:30 pm, additional hours and weekend work may be required based on project needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location