This is a re-advertisement. Previous applicants need not reapply.
The First Baptist Church of South Richmond is a large, multi-campus church with a predominantly African-American congregation. We stress ministry and not maintenance so that our members can discover their spiritual gifts and utilize them to the glory of God.
Do you have a creative mind and a good ear for music? Great! The Sound Engineer will be responsible for sound production for all services on two campuses. The successful incumbent will implement the Pastors’ vision for all sound in-house and on all virtual platforms. Duties include but not limited to:
- Recording, editing, and mixing audio tracks for worship services, indoor/outdoor events, and related events that meet the needs of the pastors, worship leaders, media and special events ministry teams
- Enhancing sound quality and adding sound effects to recordings
- Working with video editors to synchronize video with audio tracks
- Creating and maintaining sound libraries
- Resolving technical issues
- Ensuring adequate staffing at all services and ministry events; recruiting and supervising volunteers
- Providing in-house training or through outside vendors for volunteers and staff
- Purchasing all sound equipment and tracking inventory; and performing other related duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications -
- Bachelor's Degree in audio or related field or high school diploma/GED and at least three (3) years of related experience or equivalency
- Demonstrated planning skills and the ability to lead Youth Ministry Bible Study and related events/meetings
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with technology including social media and virtual platforms
- Experience as a Sound Engineer or related position in a church environment preferred
- Experience leading or supervising volunteers preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities-
- Technical expertise in sound engineering techniques (equalization)
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to change; ability to react/troubleshoot quickly, sometimes in a time-constrained environment
- Creativity and attention to detail
A criminal history check and driving record check will be required prior to hire.
Job Type: Part-time